Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox 36 or 32?
  • Danno72
    Free Member

Can’t decide what to do. I’ve got some 2007 36RC2 floats that I’ve had since new. Had them on my Patriot to start with then swapped over all the running gear to a Orange 5. Love them to bits and I’m a little hesitant to part with them but thinking of ways to lighten up my ride. Been toying with the idea of some 140/150mm QR15 32floats. Just wondering if I would really notice the difference in the stiffness or is it just something that the pros can feel? I’ve toned down my riding a bit now after to many injuries and a family now, so keep it on the ground but still ride steep tech stuff and love hammering down the trails. Got a pair of 2007 32 140mm floats I’m going to take off my hardtail and try but they are just standard QR so won’t be very stiff. Anyone got experience of the two forks?

Jeffus
    Free Member

I have a set of 36 Floats and a 150 Talas 32 15mm QR for my Orange 5, to me they are very different, the 36’s as expected track through almost any obstacles, 32’s you can feel a slight twangy ness but you just get used to it and it soon goes away, in your mnd, the bike feels nippier with the 32’s there’s about a 1lb difference in weight, I run a Vanilla coil with the 36’s much better match. The Float Shock doesn’t seem to perform well with the 36 but does with the 32’s I don’t know why, I wanted one bike to do all so I have the two forks and two shocks and two sets of wheels,its fun to swop between the setups.

Danno72
    Free Member

Thanks Jeffus. I’ll put my 32’s on and see how I get on.

Northwind

There’s a 3rd option here, a Revelation with a maxle is a fair bit stiffer than a 32 with a QR15… Might be worth considering.

It’s not the exact same, but I run a Lyrik in one bike and a maxle Rev in another, so the equivalent Rockshox to what you’re looking at. Yes there’s a stiffness difference, but it’s not a problem at all for me, I can feel it if I go looking for it but it’s nothing that ever makes much difference to how I ride. Sometimes the Lyriks are more confidence inspiring though just because they feel that bit more planted and controlled.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 or 32?’ is closed to new replies.