Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox 36 + Ibis Mojo SL?????
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Has anyone fitted a Fox 36 to a Mojo SL?
    Are there any warranty issues?
    Will it break?
    Just curious
    Cheers
    Steve

scaredypants

seems an odd combination – have you g0ot both already?

Jeffus
    Free Member

If they are float 36 just reduce the travel, you dont have to run them at 160mm , then all is good. 🙂

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Yes I have both and am curious.
    Currently got Revelation 150 on it and its fine but that’s all.
    Taking some TALAS Floats off my Rocket to try some 150 Floats on it to reduce the weight a bit and just wondered whether the big forks would improve the Mojo
    Cheers
    Steve

titusrider
    Free Member

yeah i have run 36vans at 160mm on my mojo SL when in the alps and on UK DH courses

it is warrantied for 160mm and it actually still climbs ‘ok’ just run your bars as low as they go! (no spacers)

I run 140mm floats for day to day UK work though (it is a nice luxury to have both, i sold an SX trail and kept the forks for alps trips etc)

In alps trim at trailaddiction:

rickmeister

Got 36 TALAS on mine and its fine. Nothing broken, liking the wind down-ness for climbing and general trail duties…. whats not to like?

Been running it like this for over a year

dreednya

I think the Mojo SL is warrantied for forks up to 170mm, though obviously it will make the bike a bit ‘wandery’ on steep climbs. 160 should be fine, I’m looking at X-Fusion Slants for my next fork, they’re 160mm with a wind down to 130 and can take a 650B wheel 🙂

dreednya

I was wrong in the above post – frame is ok for 130-160 mm forks according to the owners manual so a Fox 36 will be fine for the warranty side of things 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 + Ibis Mojo SL?????’ is closed to new replies.