Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Fox 36 forks 05/06
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Anyone ride with cracked dropouts pinch bolt?
    What are the options for fixing?

LoCo
    Free Member

New lowers regarding replacement, you can get either pinch bolt or qr fixed axles, the brown Talas 150 lowers don't exist anymore though.
    Personally I wouldn't recommend using them with cracked lowers although I know a number of rider that have.

br
    Free Member

I rode a year with mine…

My LBS got them warrentied through Mojo (I just paid for a service), as they are an accepted (technical) failing.

Give Mojo a call, you never know.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toppers3933
    Free Member

been there. hamfistedly done that (i'm not proud). new lowers it was. mojo warrantied it. still to this day i don't know why cause i said it was my fault. will always love them and be in their debt (sort of…).

SOAP
    Free Member

They are the brown ones, got them today but under closer inspection the cracks are visable! 🙁
    gonna call mojo in the morning!

julians
    Free Member

mine were cracked for about 2 years, I didnt even know until they went in for a service. Mojo replaced them for free on the basis that I paid for a full service.

daveagiles
    Free Member

What did they replace them with? Newer ones?

SOAP
    Free Member

£320 for Qr lowers from mojo ouch ouch ouch

br
    Free Member

The reason they get warrentied is that its far too easy to tighten the pinch bolts so they break – the ones that replaced them seem to have a smaller gap, plus as a user you realise that loctite is your friend…

LoCo
    Free Member

Chip mail me 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

b r yes the gap was a bit too big and the torque needed was low at 19in/lbs or 2.13 Nm, so easy to over tighten.
    I got some shims made up to fit in the gap to stop them being 'closed up too' far when I was at Mojo.

SOAP
    Free Member

YGM loco

julians
    Free Member

They replaced mine with identical lowers, at the time mojo were still supplying them, I dont know when they stopped being able to supply them.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Wasn't it the case that the warranties were a good will gesture as technically this was a user fault but it was so easy to do that it was sort of regarded as poor design? I never broke mine as I was reminded of the torque settings when I bought them, but Mojo but washers in when they were serviced anyway.

longwayup
    Free Member

Just looked and think this has happened to mine, is this the same?

SOAP
    Free Member

Thats the crack! £320 mojo or 287ish form loco! Over Tightening im afraid 🙁

longwayup
    Free Member

runs off to cry in a corner 😥

cynic-al
    Free Member

If they are not all cracked…Shirley they can still be ridden?

longwayup
    Free Member

That might have to be the case if the costs to replace are too much, after all what's the worst that can happen.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 forks 05/06’ is closed to new replies.