Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox 36 2016 FIT4 conversion to RC2
  • bramblesummer
    Free Member

Has anyone changed out the internals to convert either a 2015 or 2016 Fox 36 from FIT4 to RC2? I’m currently running the FIT4 and am missing the full range of adjustments in conjunction with not actually using the open/medium/firm switch. The FIT4 is very good, but I can’t quite get the Fork quite dialled thanks to the lack of adjustment. Is it much of a drama getting the guts out and changing over? I’m very happy pulling off the lowers and changing out seal etc. For an interim service.

If anyone knows a good source for a 2016 RC2 damper for a 160mm Fox 36 then let me know (Mojo are eye wateringly expensive – £295 for the damper plus £110 service costs).

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Plenty of tuning options with the FIT4.. have you tried all these before splurging on replecing it with something thats a few generations old?

bramblesummer
    Free Member

I’ve fiddled to no end with the FIT4. A big part of it is trying to tweak out the harshness, but it appears the E16 tune on the FIT4 may resolve this from the recent announcements. The other issue is having no HSC means I’ve been unable to find a balance between big hit compliance and g-out/braking compression.

The 2017 dampers haven’t been announced yet, but I don’t suspect there will be any revolutions there. Certainly don’t want to splurge for the sake of it, but I’m also keen to try something different now (without going into the custom tuning options).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dirksdiggler
    Free Member

fork on fully built bike, or retail boxed fork? i.e do you have the opportunity to play with air spacers (come with retail packaged forks) or are you just limited to air pressure and adding/removing rebound/lsc clicks?

RickDraper
    Free Member

The RC2 dampers aren’t cheap at all.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

It was a retail boxed fork, and yes, had a good play with the spacers. I can improve the feel by adding one blue and one orange spacer, but then seem to sacrifice about 10mm of travel unless taking a massive hit. They are a great fork when ridden hard and setup for that, just miffed at myself for choosing the version I did originally.

Is there a market for used FIT4 dampers to recoup some cost? Any idea what one would be worth in perfect working order?

RickDraper
    Free Member

TBH I think that is just the feel of the fork. Ride it hard and its great, anything less than flat-out and it feels terrible. No small to medium bump compliance at all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox 36 2016 FIT4 conversion to RC2’ is closed to new replies.