Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox 34s vs RS Pikes – 'real world' differences noticeable?
  • smogmonster

Has anyone had chance to compare the current crop of Fox forks in real life against the current Pike? It seems as though the media rate the Pike way higher, but im all too aware that they change their mind about something every few minutes anyhow depending on which side of bed they have got out of…

The reason I ask is that I have just ordered a Cube Stereo..which has the 140mm Kashima Float 29 CTD, so is it worth getting a Pike to replace it with, or is the Fox actually good enough for those of us who don’t have to write stuff/rubbish for a living or who don’t ride for a living?

honourablegeorge

Thik the 2013 Fox Forks were the bad ones, with the 2014 having addressed the issue, so it’s not the night and day difference it might have been.

If I was buying a fork alone, it’d be a Pike- not sure I’d pull a set of 34s off a new bike and spend more cash though.

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s down to personal preference if you like the fox or not, stiffness wise don’t think you’ll feel a lot of difference in the chassis.

Damping and performance wise, I prefer the feel of the pike as it’s a got more compression damping. In stock specs.

Speeder

I wouldn’t have thought it would offer enough of a difference to warrant selling the 2nd hand (steerer will likely be cut) 34 at a loss and buying a Pike at retail. Buying both at retail is a different matter entirely then it’d be Pike over Fox all day long for all the regular reasons.

fozzybear
    Free Member

I have real work use of both.
    But THB loco has hit it on the head perfectly.

The ov erall point is…
    Initial stiction of the pike is less and they have better mid stroke.

All the BS about flex and other stuff is very hard to notice unless your pushing these forks very very hard.
    What isn’t hard to notice is the pike sitting in the middle of the travel more and blowing though the travel less than the fox. Also Pike don’t flatter your ego and leave the travel marker at the crown you really need to push them to get it near the top. The fox you can hit the marker of the crown consistantly during a ride. (this was with the 2014 uprated CDT damper too, i tried both the 2013 CDT and the 2014 uprated CDT)

Unless your a hard charger the Fox will do.
    If your worried about any of the above points change them (which i did). Loco get that air damper sent and read your e-mail 🙂 haha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox 34s vs RS Pikes – 'real world' differences noticeable?’ is closed to new replies.