Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox 34 Fork service question
  • rab5474
    Free Member

I dropped the lowers on my buddys 2014 fox 34 Fit CTD to refresh the oil and give them a clean, when i dropped the lowers of i was expecting the usual light green fluid to pour out, however when i pulled the lowers of there appeared to be quite alot of blue float fluid came out with the lower bath oil on the air spring side.

I thought the float fluid should stay inside the airspring assembly?

Looking at the oil volume charts it states there should be 15ml in the air spring. But i assumed that this is normally sealed from the lower oil bath

Any thoughts

whyme
    Free Member

I thought the air spring was sealed from the oil bath (at least I believe that to be the case on my 2010’s). However the foam things are often soaked in float fluid so there could be blue mixed in the green.

rab5474
    Free Member

Yeah i thought that as well any other fox ive serviced have been sealed but what makes me curious is on the damper side the oil had no hint of float fluid and the foam ring were still pretty soaked but the air spring side was very blue, ive put them back together with 30ml of green in each leg and everything is working as it should

uselesshippy
    Free Member

My 2013 forks are sealed from the air spring. I service them without dumping the air.
    On the bright side, with fox service intervals, you’ll be able to look again in 3 weeks. 😀

rab5474
    Free Member

Thats the plan after xmas do the full service lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox 34 Fork service question’ is closed to new replies.