Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox 34 damper in a 32?
  • bramblesummer
    Free Member

I’ve had a google and can’t seem to find a good answer. Couldn’t even spot any sizing on the Fox parts drawings.

Is the Fox 34 and 32 damper the same size?

I.e. can you put a 34 damper into a 32 Fork? I’m not concerned about the damper travel, but more so is the top cap thread size the sane?

Ideally it will be a 2016 34 FIT4 FS damper going into a 2013 32 talas CTD Fork.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’ve had problems fitting dampers between models of 32 let alone another size. I’ve been unable to find a reason some work and others don’t with just 32 float Talas and F series forks.

otsdr
    Free Member

The simplest/cheapest way to make a top cap – stanchion interface is to thread the interior of the stanchion. Given that the stanchions have different diameters, I am going to assume the answer is “no”.

BearBack
    Free Member

are you tying to breathe life back onto a 1.125 fork/frame and stuck with a qr wheel?
    Otherwise, if your current bike is tapered, there’s no upside of a 32 over a 2016 chassis 34 as the 34 is probably lighter and much stiffer.

Fox here:
    Completely New chassis for 2016 No 2015 parts are compatible (new common UT length for 27.5/29)

If its not even backward compatible with prior year 34, then it almost certainly wont be with 2013 32.

This is a ctd upgrade cartridge (2016 I assume) so theres not spare room to squeeze those o-rings down a smaller stanction even if the retaining thread and top cap all are solvable.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

My suspicions were correct then.

I’m not actually doing it myself, but I have the 34 2016 damper for sale and an open enquiry about someone wanting to put it into an older 32. These things are sometimes surprisingly compatible, but just couldn’t see any clear info.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox 34 damper in a 32?’ is closed to new replies.