Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox 32 vs Revs
  • oli575
    Free Member

I am putting a new 150mm fork on my hardtail and for reasons of weight will only look at 32mm stachions as I have big forks on my full susser.

I am looking at a Float CTD with kashima (looks bling!) and the new 2014 all black Pike-esque Revelation Solo Air.

Which should I go for? Price is pretty similar.

fozzybear
    Free Member

I’ve run both.
    Personally the Fox are nice if they have the upgraded internals (2014 internals).
    Service intervals are shorter on the Fox(bad) the servicing on the revs is stupidly easy to do.
    Early 2013 fox versions tend to dive under braking and the cdt levels were odd. The C setting was soft(solid on the 2014 versions) and not a lockout like the new damper is. The t mode was to low on the compression setting (as was the whole fork) again improved by the new internals.
    Revs are a solid fork, not as plush or sensitive as the Fox and under extreme loads the wheel could deflect left to right. But it’s a solid fork, easy to setup and maintain while it may lack a little sensitivity over the Fox it doesn’t dive in the middle of the stroke like the Fox did pre 2014 internals.
    Fox Vs the revs people will mutter utter rubbish about Fox “massively” flexing compared to the revs. Having run both back to back the Fox has a little fore and aft flex and I personally found the revs to have side to side flex but it’s not massively noticeable in either.

From me the choice is between a fork that’s sensitive but costly to maintain or reliable and easy to maintain.

rickon
    Free Member

Do you like flex? Then get the Fox.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LoCo
    Free Member

Rev you can get the RCT3 solo air version very cheap online atm too.
    You could probably get Pikes for less than the fox and they’re only slightly heavier and better damped than the fox and rev

Northwind

Depends a lot on the actual version tbh in terms of performance… Top ends are pretty comparable ime but at most price points you get a higher standard of rev than 32.

But at 150mm 32s are a lot flexier than a Rev- they always seem like an XC fork stretched too far. Whether you care is a different question, I’m not a stiff-ist generally but I don’t like the way they feel on hard braking.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

32’s are an XC fork and in terms of flex not good in the long travel modes. The 2014 CTD is different to the 2013 so most people bashing that have not tried the new ones. If you looking to save weight then why are you putting 150mm forks on the bike?

At that length for low weight there is a compromise, the 34’s are 200g heavier and a lot stiffer.

chestrockwell

I personally prefer all the Floats I’ve tried to all the Revs but many disagree.

I’d probably be getting DT Swiss over either though, my old XMM140’s were ace.

andybrad

at 150mm the floats are quite flexy.

for that reason ive got 140’s the revs are more “supportive” if you like but the floats are plusher imo. depends on what you like but for xc id imagine that the revs would be better suited?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox 32 vs Revs’ is closed to new replies.