Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox 32 talas seal change Crush Washer..
  • dr_adams
    Free Member

I plan to give my talas a long overdue seal change, now in the guides i’ve read the people have continued to use the original crush washer, is this actually ok? I don’t fancy buying 10 of thm from mojo when i only need one! Looking at mojo, they show a silver one and a black one with the silver one being the special talas one, my forks look like they have two identical sized black washers? was there a change at some point? (my forks are old – like 05 maybe?)
    Cheers o wise people!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

If you wind them off the thread carefully you can re-use them. I owned and ran a Fox Van Forx from 2003- 2005 before I retired it in disgust at the cost of keeping it running, but the one thing I never needed was fresh crush washers.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

When you buy th 32 seal kit you get the seals and the crush washers plus Talas specific washer all together in the one pack £15 from mojo

http://www.mojo.co.uk/html(mojo)/foxforxparts.htm

bigyinn
    Free Member

You usually get a couple of plastic ones plus the metal Talas one in the fork seal kit.
    I’ve reused the originals from mine without the fork exploding and the stanchions wearing, so i guess its ok to reuse them.
    IIRC the metal one goes on the Talas leg not the damping side leg.

dr_adams
    Free Member

Thank you kind people! was under the impression that they didn’t come in the pack! Confused by it all, once again Cheers!!!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I have reused mine a number of times. As long as you are careful they will be fine.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Dr adams – I was confused too – don’t worry! I had to email mojo to ask if the crush washers came with the kit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox 32 talas seal change Crush Washer..’ is closed to new replies.