Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox 32 or 36 for an Enduro?
  • vinnyeh

I've just bought an 05-06 Specialized Enduro, fitted with Talas R 36's (150mm), and it's a fairly hefty beast, and to me climbs like a bit of a pig especially in the small ring.
    If I swapped the forks out for a pair of 09 Float 32's QR15 to save a bit of heft (and moved to a lighter wheelset- proII/Stans Arch), am I going to be shortchanging the bike and significantly reducing the fun I get from it on the downs? A-C measurement on the two forks is pretty much identical.

Dango
    Free Member

It was designed around a 36, if its too much for you, you have the wrong bike

vinnyeh

What's too much for me?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have the E150SL on my 08 Enduro, and to be honest, I wouldn't want to lose any of the stiffness that brings. So, I'd go for the bigger fork for that reason alone.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

If it were me I'd go for the wheels (get some that can be qr15'd if you need to) and get the rear shock serviced and set up right. Surely if you bought a second hand bike you wouldn't want to throw the money at it that you could have spent getting a new one.

vinnyeh

cfh, it's the frame previous to yours I believe, so a fair bit more sluggish.
    I've got the wheels and forks sitting in the shed.
    The bike's really for occasional trips to trail centres, I've got others more suited to the London environs :-). I'm just wondering whether hauling the bike as it stands round skyline or similar is just going to be too frustrating.

mattsccm
    Free Member

might be quite nice. I have an elite, 2nd model up of 4 at that time. yours must be 3rd or top to be 36's. Mine has 32's (the bottom one had non Fox's) and to be honest places like Afan don't find the limits of them. the new 32's would be better than mine so worth a try but doubt the wright difference would be much. try lighter tyres etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox 32 or 36 for an Enduro?’ is closed to new replies.