Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • fox 32 forks question
  • sig123
    Free Member

Hi, have noticed something loose on my forks when out riding ,when i pull up the front the fork drops about a 1/4 of an inch. any ideas and if its fixable myself?.

poah
    Free Member

they are ****, buy a set of pikes lol

MartynS

drops with a clunk, of just extends?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigyinn
    Free Member

That’ll be the sag from the weight of the bike + rider on it most likely.

vincienup
    Free Member

I’d check it wasn’t sag as above before doing anything drastic.

I’ve heard stuff about last years’ Foxes being tweaked by Fox to show full available travel somehow but destroying the ride in the process which may distort perception a little.

I’d expect a working fork to show less stanchion that it’s nominal travel with a rider on top though, and especially when riding. You can also expect additional compression under braking, which should return once at rest.

The classic 32 problem (which I think is what Martyn’s heading toward above) is the bushes in the lowers that the stanchions pass through. These can loosen with age causing the stanchion to feel less located and allowing forward/backward movement under rocking. They’re a fork in bits job and probably want a workshop to do properly although I believe they can be diy’d.

If the fork doesn’t wobble, has no cracks, shows full travel when at rest, holds air and has been serviced I wouldn’t worry too much… 🙂

sig123
    Free Member

Yes they drop with a clunk, i can put my hand on the lowers and pull up and down on the handlebars with a clunk up and down.

sig123
    Free Member

They were fine on the yeti ASR5 but transferring them on to my transition trans am with in one ride this started to happen.

sig123
    Free Member

Had an email back off mojo today , they say that it sounds like they are topping out but didnt say if serious or not,ie am i alright to still ride with them?

chestrockwell

My old DT XMM’s started topping out with a thump. Rode them like that for a while before getting them sorted under warrenty. Turned out the damper was shot.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I had a set on 150mm floats that did that, also the damping felt non existent.
    Pulled the legs off and something had burst, both fluids had created a brown ish oil in the bottom of the legs, sent to mojo. Full service/rebuild got them back sold them and bought pikes.
    They really are that good!!!

LoCo
    Free Member

Damper or negative/top out spring issue, full service should sort it out, any queries feel free to mail us 😀

ricky1
    Free Member

If your going to send them to mojo you might as well put your £200 towards a new pair.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘fox 32 forks question’ is closed to new replies.