Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox 32 Float 140 Factory Fit RLC Kashima ADVISE REQUIRED PLEASE
  • boloclips
    Free Member

Hi, Please help me with some advise..
    I have had a pair of Fox 32 Float 140 Factory Fit RLC Kashima for a year now and during this time I have had to send them to mojo for a service as the forks made my bike feel like the headset was loose. When they retuened they felt like new and perfect. Anyway after 5 months the loose headset feeling is returning. the headset is not loose its the forks again. I ride twice a week and clean my bike after every ride the uppers on my forks are perfect. is this normal for fox forks?
    Cheers for any advise.

LoCo
    Free Member

Have you done any lower leg services? and do you put the bike upside down before you ride it to renew the layer of oil between the stantions and upper bushes?

willber
    Free Member

Has the lower leg seal been replaced with the scraper?

boloclips
    Free Member

Not sure on lower leg service i just sent the to mojo for a full service. I do not put bike upside i guess that is something i need to start doing?

boloclips
    Free Member

What is a lower leg seal scraper? is it a good thing?

LoCo
    Free Member

The air spring assm, will have had the foam ring replaced with the scraper seal if they’ve been serviced by Mojo recently.

Try turning the bike upsid edown for 30 mins and then try for movement, if you can’t feel it when riding shouldn’t be too much of an issue, you are recommened to do the lower leg service every 20 hours or so by Fox too.

Details can be found on here: http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/index.htm

BearBack
    Free Member

Can you identify the source of this looseness feeling? Is it from the bushings or where the stanchions interference fit to the crown?

Dry bushings would obviously accelerate bushing wear, but fox tend to give you a handy squeek as an advance warning that you need to address those dry bushings. Any unexplained mice joined you on a ride recently?

bumps
    Free Member

I had this issue on my old Floats. If I stood the bike on its back wheel and bounced it, I felt a clunking from the front wheel which made me wonder if my headset was loose. Turned out to be the front wheel QR (9mm) not quite tight enough allowing the wheel to move a tiny bit. Not sure if yours are QR15 but that could also be the case. Try the front wheel hub for play also.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox 32 Float 140 Factory Fit RLC Kashima ADVISE REQUIRED PLEASE’ is closed to new replies.