Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • FOX 32 CSU where from?
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

I need to obtain a replacement CSU for my Float 32 RLCs, if I can get one at a reasonable price…
    The existing steerer is now too short and I need to have one that is about 250mm long.
    If I can find one in reasonable condition secondhand then great, but given most normal bikes dont need to have a steerer so long, its going to be like finding the equivalent of rocking horse droppings.
    I realise I can get a new one from Loco / Mojo etc, but the fork is 2008 and works well, so probably not worth spending a shedload on.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Am I missing something here, sell the forks you have and then buy forks with the money you saved on new steerer assembly and the money you received back from old forks.

There are plenty of bargains on 32mm even 34mm Foxes nowadays as people realise there not all that and the fact that they have flooded the market with oems and trying to take over the bike industry as a whole.

So guessing your head tube must be 150mm then?
    Try a different lower stack stem, I had to do this just now and found a 30mm stack stem real nice for £32.99 in a range of colours and nice finish.

bigyinn
    Free Member

The forks I have are from 2008 and will sell for peanuts, they work perfectly well for what I want. Selling them will probably still mean a shortfall of £200 plus.
    Im not mucking about with trying to make things fit with lower stack stems etc. Trust me, Im not going to be able to make up the difference!
    My current frame has a semi-integrated headset, so the the headtube is probably closer to 200mm, if not more, so you guessed wrongly about the length there!

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

alreet calm down dear, was an option.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Just re-read my reply! Wasnt meaning to be arsey, sorry it came across that way.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Ok, it did a bit tbh but no worries.

What’s the problem with using a lower stack height stem?
    Can get some real good nduro ones now.

I honestly dunno what to suggest then apart from get a csu replacement done by one of the tuner folk.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d need a low stack stem of about 12mm height. Not a chance!

iainc

maybe you should post the post OTB picture 🙂

nbt

Having wrecked the stanchions on my Fox floats by not touching them for 6 years, I priced up the cost of a new CSU – it would have worked out at about £300 all-in for the new CSU and the service /work required to get someone to fit it all for me. Although I have serviced my forks in the past, fitting a new CSU might mean you need new bushings, plus I seem to be cack-handed and have wrecked Mrs NBT’s Rebas

I bit the bullet and paid £150 for some second hand Magura TS8s for my bike, then used the money saved to buy some brand new Rock Shox Sektors for Mrs NBT from rosebikes

Don’t get hung-up on “saving” money by replacing your CSU.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d reckoned on about £300 for a new CSU etc. Hmm perhaps time to part with them.

Iainc, OTB picture???

Marko

Straight or taper?

I have 2 new straight ones here. One uncut at 260mm and one cut at 120mm.

Both new bankrupt stock.

PM me if you are interested.

Marko

iainc

Iainc, OTB picture???

the one on Facebook, on the Giant, or am I mixing up with someone else perhaps ?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nope, you are correct iain. Perusing Pete’s feed again were you?

iainc

^^^^ 🙂 mutual friends in Pete, so, yes, the posts he comments on pop up on my feed !

Hope you get sorted, looked like it could have been so much worse had you been going down the way…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Marko, YGM

bigyinn
    Free Member

iain, you are correct, the ride I was planning to do has a 40mph descent later on, so Im quite glad they went where they did!

iainc

🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Well I wouldn’t want to have a face like yours after your incident at Cathkin!

iainc

🙂 aye, fair point Paul, and I didnt even break my forks or get a scratch on the bihe !

bigyinn
    Free Member

Weird, complete opposite of my off.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘FOX 32 CSU where from?’ is closed to new replies.