Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox 15QR Fork Question
  • Shepdon
    Free Member

Is the 32 Float RLC 15QR worth the extra £100 or so over the 32 Vanilla RLC 15QR especially when you factor in the maintenance required on the floats.

el_diablo
    Free Member

Depends if you fit the standard Vanilla spring rate. There is a bit of adjustment but not as much as the Float.

The Vans also about 1/4kg heavier, but they are buttery smooth.
    I think they both need similar maintenance (ie seal cleaning and the occasional oil change).

What bike are they going on and will you appreciate the weight saving of the Floats for the added cost?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yeah, I've owned Floats and Vanillas and prefer the Vanillas. Less initial stiction and better small bump, smoother and more composed feeling in the big stuff.

toys19
    Free Member

personally prefer oil/coil over an air shock any day of the week..

Alex

I'm considering the CRC F120s for £350. Not heard a bad word about the current evolution of Floats. Maybe I've just not looked hard enough. The one on the Demo ST4 I had was very, very good. Can't compare it directly against a Maxle Reba, but definitely felt to be a par with my bolt thru Revs.

Shepdon
    Free Member

MFcat I will be putting them on a Orange 5 and the extra 1/4kg wouldn't really bother me (I've got to lug 14.5 stone up the hills anyway lol).

gamo
    Free Member

I went back to vanilla's last year and they do still feel much better than floats and talas, my brother now has 2010 floats and still not as good feeling as the 09 vanillas, 15qr also def worth the extra cost especially if you are heavier!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox 15QR Fork Question’ is closed to new replies.