Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • fox 15mm QR lowers
  • SOAP
    Free Member

So is it worth the £150 from Mojo? on a set of 140mm RLs

Intense-Pilot

Definitely! I changed the lowers on my 2 year old TALAS 32 RLCs, and they track nearly as well as my TALAS 36 RC2s. Given the current price of new forks (5 x the rate of inflation?!), I think it's a no brainer!

el_diablo
    Free Member

I'd say not! 150quid could be better spent. I have 08 talas with normal QR on my Orange 5 SE and 09 Float QR15 on my Marin Rocky Ridge. If I fasten the qr up really tight, I don't notice any difference.

If there's absolutely nothing else you need then consider it, but if I had that money spare, new fork lowers would be a long way down the list.

solamanda
    Free Member

I've got 120 QR RLs and 140 15mm RLCs and don't think the axle offers anything more than additional 'security'. Not worth £150. A bigger headtube or proper 20mm is the only thing that makes a real difference to fork stiffness.

RicB

Can you not get a 9mm bolt through front hub? Hope now make a conversion kit for their Pro2s and Specialized Stout 9mm axles are available. Cost me £30ish and made a big difference over qr

nickegg
    Free Member

I'd say No.

I had 2007 32 Vanilla R's which i rebuilt with 15QR lowers and whilst they were abit stiffer than the old 9mm QR lowers i would have to say the difference wasn't massive IMO, and certainly not worth the trouble/cost.

However, i now run Rockshox Revelations (I sold the brand new, unridden Floats on my Orange 5 and bought 2009 Revs and an XT cassette) and these are so much stiffer and there's hardly any difference performance wise.

Spend that cash on something else!

SOAP
    Free Member

Top one lads!
    Ive just coverted to 9mm QR for the last 3 ride and noticed the difference,
    so thought i would ask the question, £30 is worth it £150 is not!

DaveE

Can you post any links for 9mm QR Skewers.
    Thanks 8)

SOAP
    Free Member

get ya local shop to call Hope for the pro2 9mm converters

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=39201
    Thats the QR from CRC

dickie
    Free Member

Do these fit normal QR fork drop outs?

SOAP
    Free Member

yep

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘fox 15mm QR lowers’ is closed to new replies.