Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fowlmead near Deal, Kent
  • flashes
    Free Member

I’m going on Hols to Deal, is Fowlmead any good for an hour or so a day, or do I take a road bike?

slimsi
    Free Member

For mountain biking fowlmead is ok for a potter round but I live 20 mins away and never bother…

It does have a European grade road circuit though so if your into the lycra and stuff should be fun.

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

There’s lots of flat tight turns so it can be really hard to build up speed and no hills to speak of. It’s OK but not great.

plop_pants
    Free Member

There are enough trails at Fowlmead to keep you happy for an hour. Some of the more technical stuff is at the perimeter with some nice little ups and downs. There is a waymarked trail but probably best just to follow your nose.
    If you’re taking the road bike there are 1 hour training sessions, races in all but name, on Tuesdays and Fridays, 6:30pm at the moment. Boring as hell though as its pan flat with nothing technical about it. Usually average 26-27 mph.
    There is a changing room with showers too.

flashes
    Free Member

Is there anything else close to Deal, ideally MTB ………

yossarian
    Free Member

Head over to kent trails, they have a ride that goes out and about from fowlmead I believe.

slimsi
    Free Member

Between Canterbury and Whitstable you have woods which Drift Cycles have worked on some nice trails with log jumps, drop offs etc all unofficial but been there years…I mean its nothing like a trail centre but for this part of Kent its good.

Also Covert woods has some lovely trails as a lot bigger hills, bomb homes, jumps and proper drop offs. Quite a few to choose from…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fowlmead near Deal, Kent’ is closed to new replies.