Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Four years on here so it is about time for my first…
  • Harry_the_Spider

…“What tyres?” tread.

Need some mud tyres for my CX. I’ve not got a wad of cash (thanks Dave/Nick) so what would you recommend as a cheap way of keeping my Uncle John upright in the mud?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Go and stand in the corner, please, and have a good think about what you’ve done.

wwaswas

you could at least spell tyres properly…

Jamie
    Free Member

If anything, 4 years should have been enough time to accumulate so much tyre information you shouldn’t even need to ask the question.

clubber
    Free Member

Despite looking like they should be rubbish I’ve found my Conti Speed King 35mm tyres to be amazingly good in the mud. Either that or I’m just a riding god 😉

(I use the wire bead ones which are nice and cheap too!)

j_me
    Free Member

Steep hills.

MrNutt
    Free Member

don’t pick on him, he’s got a cx bike 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

don’t pick on him, he’s got a cx bike

All the more reason to pick on him!

Deviant…

Harry_the_Spider

Jamie – Member
    If anything, 4 years should have been enough time to accumulate so much tyre information you shouldn’t even need to ask the question.

I don’t read them. Until now.

ART

4 years.. you’re still in STW nursery school – which is reinforced by the fact that you still haven’t learned to spell yet. Come back in another 4 on this one. 😉

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I’ve been running the same set of Schwalbe Smart Sam CX tyres on my Roadrat for about 18 months now and really rate them, particularly in the mud, of which we get a LOT in Kent in the winter, particularly the slippy, claggy variety. They clear really well, have good puncture resistance, are pretty fast on the road too (if run at high pressure) and seem to be wearing well.

CRC have them for 15.99 each at the moment so won’t break the bank:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24607

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Despite looking like they should be rubbish I’ve found my Conti Speed King 35mm tyres to be amazingly good in the mud. Either that or I’m just a riding god

The tyres are obviously good then..

j_me
    Free Member

Boooh! Poor show on OP the edit!

clubber
    Free Member

KT – best go buy some now 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Thanks.

£15.99 per end isn’t too bad. The kids will have to eat whatever I can find down the side of the cooker for the next few days though.

clubber
    Free Member

£16 but no stock…

Harry_the_Spider

£16 but no stock…

Bugger.

bakey

H-the_S – Zepnat have them in stock (2 left) at £14.29

I use them too on my UJ; and rate them.

Harry_the_Spider

Bah. Some slag has just gone and bought one!

I’ll wait until CRC have got some in. I don’t actually ride my bikes anyway as Terrahawk & Derekstarship will testify.

twinklydave

Michelin Muds are the bestest clinchers I reckon, though you’ll be looking at around £30 each

Saying that, with enough skill I reckon these’d be alright and seem a bit bargaintastic to me 🙂

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Bargain

Harry_the_Spider

Got some Conti Speed Kings for £26.95/pair from http://www.highonbikes.com . No excuse for falling off in the mud now.

elaineanne
    Free Member

how about some maxxis advantage kevlar tyres…think
    merlin website has some (was 19.99 last time i looked..

elaineanne
    Free Member
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Four years on here so it is about time for my first…’ is closed to new replies.