Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Four Lions
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

nyone seen fFour lLions yet? it's not on round here. LOVE Chris Morris! ny good?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Thought it only came out today? If it hasn't been banned yet!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Saw it today, laugh out loud funny in places, though provoking in others. Go see! 😉

Ambrose

Looking forwards to seeing it. The trailers I've seen look, as lookmanohands says, funny and thought provoking. Humour is needed in all aspects of life. I dunno if the humour in Four Lions is appropriate yet- I've not seen the film.

cp

Yeah, saw it last night- was excellent I thought.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Looking forward to it but its been done before

toby1

I've just got back from seeing it, if you have to travel to find the nearest showing it's weel worth it. You will laugh and also feel a little awkward too. Great movie over all though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

liked it. it has flaws, but overall it's clever and witty and very dark.

ahwiles
    Free Member

it's the funniest, and saddest film i've seen in ages.

almost all of it is filmed in sheffield – even most of the 'london' bits, the exploding crow / sheep / etc. bits were filmed about 5 mins walk from my house, there's some lovely trails around there…

slowjo
    Free Member

I'd go along with the "funniest and saddest" description. When it hits TV I'll watch it again.

Very, very funny film. First three quarters of it was sublime comedy exploring group dynamics. You don't really expect them to go through with their plan, which makes the last 20 mins of the film so effective. Highly recommended.

anagallis_arvensis

very very funny, especially the crow scene

LuckyJim
    Free Member

Just back from seeing it. Long time Chris Morris fan. Not nearly as good as I was hoping/expecting.

People around us were laughing at bits which were just not very funny in my view (yeah yeah, I know that's a daft thing to say).

A few good moments. Would've made a brilliant 20 minute short.

anagallis_arvensis

luckyJim, a lot of its not really Chris Morris cleaver humour its much more slapstick, which I found funny but can see that many didnt. Surely you found the crow with the bomb funny?

LuckyJim
    Free Member

a_a… yes, some hilarious moments (party poppers, cops on roof spring to mind) but not quite enough. I just didn't buy that the main guy could have such a seemingly nice home life and be so misguided – or that his mates coud really be that thick. I know part of the message is the senselessness of dogma – but it was a bit heavy-handed to me. I know I'm over-analysing it but hey… film should be able to stand up to a bit of scrutiny. To be fair, it's difficult territory to spin comedy from! 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

Underground Resistance – Member
    You don't really expect them to go through with their plan, which makes the last 20 mins of the film so effective.

not so much for those of us that haven't seen, it though. 😡

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"didn't buy that the main guy could have such a seemingly nice home life and be so misguided"

That's the flaw IMO.

aP
    Free Member

+1 flatboy, well done underground intelligence.
    I don't need to go and see it now either, it'll be on telly in about 18 months, I'll wait.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I didn't say anything the trailers / reviews haven't
    said already!!!! The films about an attack on the
    London Marathon FFS!

Gilles

Dead funny. To me the flaw is the format feel more like a TV format rather than a widescreen format. But I haven't laugh so much for a while in a cinema.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I thought it was crap. I love pretty much everything else Chris Morris has done. Couple of belly laughs (wookie scene), but thought it mostly unfunny, uninteresting, and found the Omar and white guy characyers very annoying.

anagallis_arvensis

zokes
    Free Member

Saw it Fri night. I thought it was quite interesting and funny in places. Killed 90 mins of my time, but I doubt I'll get the dvd

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Four Lions’ is closed to new replies.