Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Found this video today…
  • psychle
    Free Member

Forgotten all about this little clip, stumbled across it today whilst cleaning up my hard drive… Thought I'd share, since I found it amusing, maybe ya'll will too! 🙂 It's from our trip to Iceland a couple of Christmas's ago. Driving back from Hofn on the East Coast to Reykjavik, you cross the largest Sandar in the world, at the base of the Vatnajökull Glacier.

Winds coming off it can be seriously strong, and we were doing the drive in winter, in a blizzard, in a Daewoo Matiz with 1" wide tyres (or so it seemed to me!)… this 100km section of the drive took 4+ hours, one of those situations you get yourself into where the only solution is to laugh madly and enjoy it (if you survive!)

Windy much?

Video gives you some idea of the wind speed, but I reckon some of the gusts were easily 120-150km/hr plus… you couldn't open the car door on the windward side, and if you left the car you couldn't stand up… it was mental, but fun, in an insane way 😆

Fricken love Iceland, wish I could figure out a way to live there!

Drac

Guess you had to be there.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Looks just like driving across Rannoch Moor this February, it was -12, low lying mist and spindrift blowing across the road

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Found this video today…’ is closed to new replies.