Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Found them! Where's the strangest place you've found a lost thing…?
  • bigblackshed

I took the roof aerial off my car to strap my surf board to the roof rack. Placed the aerial in the gap between the tailgate and the roof so it wouldn’t roll off until I’d finished strapping down. Forgot about it, drove 170 miles to Cornwall, when we got to the cottage and started unpacking, there it was still where I’d put it for safekeeping.

BillMC

I let a friend borrow my motorcycle and leather jacket. Later that day on my way home I rode past something 20 miles away that looked familiar. I stopped and it was my cheque book that had fallen out of my jacket.

I left my phone on a wall in Calver, remembered and returned 6 hours later and collected it.

choppersquad
    Free Member

My wife discovered she’d lost her engagement ring one night. We’d had a takeaway that evening so she suggested that I get out of bed, drive five miles to the shop and go through the bin in the street outside to look for our kebab wrappers.
    I found it nestled amongst bits of leftover lettuce.
    How romantic.
    The things we do for love.

irelanst
    Free Member

I found the Sky remote that had been missing for months when I was cleaning out a car, it was in the glove compartment.

Also, on the morning of his wedding I found my best mates missing contact lens, the bad news for him was that it was in the toilet and I was already mid stream when I spotted it.

Another ring related one, I found my wifes eternity ring which had been missing inside an apple pie, the bizarre thing is that I made the pie.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I lost 3 Laser Dinghies on a triple stacker trailer coming back from Lake Garda ohhh back in 98′. They weren’t tied on very well at all… 😐

Harry_the_Spider

I lost my wedding ring in Philips Park (MNPRers will know this isn’t a small place) whilst setting up the first Hit the North. 6 hours later I got a phone call from Terrahawk. He’d found it!

nemesis
    Free Member

I lost the cradle from a Syncros seatpost when one of the bolts snapped. I looked for ages but couldn’t find it so had to ride home saddleless.

About three years later, I rode past the spot I’d lost it and thought I’d have a quick search. Found the missing part in about a minute. It’s still in use now.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

One for Esselgruntfuttock’s appreciation.

Many years ago my brother rebuilt the rear suspension units on his Montesa but one of them came apart at the next day’s trial – funnily enough the bike rode better with just one unit for the rest of the event.

The next year, at the same venue, I realised I had missed the flagged route and stopped to look around for flags. At my foot was the spring and adjuster from the Montesa so the rebuild was once again completed.

teasel
    Free Member

I lost a silver-mounted shark tooth from a chain I’d been wearing while on a bike ride one day. Thought it might be worth following the same route, and I actually found the damned thing lying in the middle of the Sustrans route out of Chippenham towards Calne! It’s only about 15mm across, so the chances were negligible.
    Pretty chuffed at finding it.

In a similar vein – my brothers and me were playing ‘war’ with the local kids; y’know – bikes as tanks and sticks as guns etc. My older brother decides it’s a good idea to charge at the enemy in his tank holding nothing but his gun. My younger brother leaps out from the dark reassesses of the alley and shoots, causing older bro to fall face first onto the tarmac and smash his front tooth.

The war was over and everyone went home due to real blood being spilled.

I found his tears a tad annoying for some reason so went outside to search for the half-tooth thinking we could simply glue it back on. I found it against all the odds, surrounded by little shards of stone etc. that resembled the tooth. It’s strange how we spot things.

But I digress – found the cheddar in the bread bin after thinking I must’ve eaten the lot. Kind of lost, I guess…

Sundayjumper

Dec 1994 I crashed my car when I lost it on a corner and wrapped it around a tree. Walked to my mates house to call the RAC – it was a country lane and people didn’t have mobiles back then. Car was recovered back to digs, mate took me to A&E for a check up. Next day, looking at my smashed car, I realised the tax disc had gone walkies when the windscreen shattered. Walked back up to where I crashed and it was lodged in a hedge about 50m from the offending tree.

pete68
    Free Member

Camping in the Brecon beacons on a biking weekend. After returning home realised I’d lost a set of Allen keys. Went back to the same campsite 6months later. Went over to the spot we’d been to previously ,looked down and found them straight away. Still have them now best part of 20 years later.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Found them! Where's the strangest place you've found a lost thing…?’ is closed to new replies.