• This topic has 72 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Found out today that a (now ex) friend is a Nazi sympathiser…………..
  • kudos100
    Free Member

And thinks Churchill was the real villain?!?

I’m fairly used to people spouting off about immigrants etc, but this was something else.

What was surprising is this person used to be open minded and was a decent bloke. The irony is he also used to be a rapper and was interested in lots of different cultures and ideas.

Unsurprisingly it didn’t go well after he started defending the Jew hating, white supremacist website that posted the original article.

Always read about these nutters, but it’s different when it is someone you know. Totally bizarre…….

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Is his mental health ok?

kudos100
    Free Member

Is his mental health ok?

Yes, intelligent guy and worryingly well read on a number of pretty controversial subjects.

He has spent the last few years smoking tons of weed and living in a caravan.

Combining this with conspiracy theory and white supremacy websites seems to be a pretty bad combination.

Edit: had a chat with a mate who works with him and apparently he doesn’t bring it up at work, but when he’s had a few spliffs and you are with him alone………

SaxonRider

It’s not just a matter of being politically-incorrect; that really is weird. I’m with wanmankylung: is he alright?

doris5000

i was about to ask what his weed/drug intake was like. sounds like he could be having some ill effects 😐

but then, what can you do?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is his mental health ok?

Yes, intelligent guy and worryingly well read on a number of pretty controversial subjects.

He has spent the last few years smoking tons of weed and living in a caravan.[/quote]
    I’d say the latter doesn’t back up the former.

kudos100
    Free Member

i was about to ask what his weed/drug intake was like. sounds like he could be having some ill effects

He has always been a pot head and been able to function fine, travels round the world for work etc

grum
    Free Member

*sorry*

Not saying your friend is right to sympathise with Nazis but Churchill isn’t quite the hero he is often made out to be.

“I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes…[It] would spread a lively terror.”

“I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion.”

This hatred killed. To give just one, major, example, in 1943 a famine broke out in Bengal, caused – as the Nobel Prize-winning economist Amartya Sen has proved – by the imperial policies of the British. Up to 3 million people starved to death while British officials begged Churchill to direct food supplies to the region. He bluntly refused. He raged that it was their own fault for “breeding like rabbits”. At other times, he said the plague was “merrily” culling the population.

Skeletal, half-dead people were streaming into the cities and dying on the streets, but Churchill – to the astonishment of his staff – had only jeers for them.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Maybe get together with a few mates who are all worried and have a sort of “intervention”, tell him you care about him but this is a bit much.

kudos100
    Free Member

Not saying your friend is right to sympathise with Nazis but Churchill isn’t quite the hero he is often made out to be.

I agree, but it was the suggestion that Hitler was some kind of hero and Churchill was somehow only in it for money and having his name in the history books.

Maybe get together with a few mates who are all worried and have a sort of “intervention”, tell him you care about him but this is a bit much.

He made the choice to detach himself from the majority of people and friends have tried to get him to integrate more, but he doesn’t give a shit. Works, earns good money, chooses to live away from people and has started coming out with some pretty awful things. I think that ship has sailed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

whats his login on here?

kudos100
    Free Member

whats his login on here?

Must resist………..

enfht
    Free Member

Well done you. On a scale of one to nine, what was your flounce rating?

kudos100
    Free Member

For calling someone a **** for sympathising with Hitler? Not sure I get you.

CountZero

enfht – Member

No, well done you! 🙄

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Not much to say other than recommend he stay off the internet and cut the weed. Living in isolation with internet for primary company can make people sociopathic and more inclined to look for outlandish misanthropic ‘evidence’ to rationalise/excuse their own shrinking empathy/humanity. Have seen it happen. Intervention might be worth it. My BIL withdrew, became paranoid, full of conspiracy theory and misanthropy. Finally put a bullet in his own brain shortly after announcing it on FB. Terrible waste of a previously intelligent character. We discovered (after his death) that certain of his sociopathic internet junkie ‘friends’ knew of his plans and that they encouraged him to do it. I found it hollowing and grievously depressing to know such people exist. Not saying this is what your friend has planned, but withdrawing and spouting such shite means he isn’t currently right in the head and no mistake.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@grum I thought you’d post Churchill’s views on Islam

OP one interesting facet of Islamic extremist converts is they are often well educated and radicalised very quickly, some converting to Islam almost in order to become radicals. This fellow sounds the same. Bizarre and rather scary.

chewkw
    Free Member

kudos100 – Member

Is his mental health ok?

He has spent the last few years smoking tons of weed and living in a caravan. [/quote]

His brain is fried …

He might be “rational” but only to the information that fits into his state of mind.

He is practically walking shell that can be programmed at will by whoever he encountered with persuasive arguments.

I bet he will shift from one extreme to another and will be highly dangerous if his thought is infiltrated by some radicals that are hell bound on using him as their front line zombie attacker.

Watch him closely or from afar but keep a close eye because you don’t want him to walk into a crowded area to detonate himself or spraying everyone with lead.

Looks like you have encountered a zombie.

edit: as for hero … no such thing. A person is only hero when s/he fits your purpose. Hero to you but villain to others vice versa. To have a hero you must have villain(s) as they cannot exist without one or the other.

kudos100
    Free Member

Not much to say other than recommend he stay off the internet and cut the weed. Living in isolation with internet for primary company can make people sociopathic and more inclined to look for outlandish misanthropic ‘evidence’ to rationalise/excuse their own shrinking empathy/humanity. Have seen it happen. Intervention might be worth it. My BIL withdrew, became paranoid, full of conspiracy theory and misanthropy. Finally put a bullet in his own brain shortly after announcing it on FB. Terrible waste of a previously intelligent character. We discovered (after his death) that certain of his sociopathic internet junkie ‘friends’ knew of his plans and that they encouraged him to do it. I found it hollowing and grievously depressing to know such people exist. Not saying this is what your friend has planned, but withdrawing and spouting such shite means he isn’t currently right in the head and no mistake.

He is certainly a misanthrope and is angry at the world for his shortcomings.

I don’t think he is in any danger of committing suicide or anything like that, but it is pretty worrying when someone who is/was intelligent starts reading a load of propaganda that makes no sense, having been open minded and being brought up in the UK.

Much more concerning than the morons who read the sun/mail or stuff of facebook and start shouting the immigrants are invading!!

I’m not having anything more to do with him after our exchange (have only seen him a couple of times over the last few years), but am baffled by his 180 shift in beliefs, as he was a pretty smart guy previously.

Just really strange to see someone you chatted with about Hip Hop, different cultures and how he was influenced by what he saw as black role models, on a facebook page full of Neo Nazis and Jew haters, spouting Nazi propaganda and sympathising with Hitler……

Then again I don’t understand the English who run off to fight with Isis (according to my mate, he also thinks Isis is fake and is being controlled by the CIA)

JoeG
    Free Member

Add a layer of tinfoil to his stahlhelm (defence against CIA mind control) and make him watch episodes of Jerry Springer. After watching a bunch of that show, it is utterly impossible to argue that the white race is superior to anything! 😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Dope.

The prevailing view that dope doesn’t cause any harm is wrong, it’s just that it’s harder to measure than sone drugs. Throw in isolation and the internet and boom.

Your ‘friend’ is living proof.

zippykona

And my friend is dead proof.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Very interesting reading this thread, a couple of mates who have been heavily into dope are now conspiracy theory nuts. Never made the connection before now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Turned a good mate incredibly paranoid, bad stuff really.

bencooper
    Free Member

but am baffled by his 180 shift in beliefs, as he was a pretty smart guy previously.

It’s a difficult thing for us leftie intellectuals to accept, but sometimes people with these kinds of views aren’t stupid. They can rationalise and argue their points really well.

I don’t think it’s about smarts, I think it’s about empathy. You have to meet people from different countries and cultures. There’s a strong inverse correlation between levels of immigration and fear of immigrants, for example.

chakaping
    Free Member

Intelligent people are better at conspiracy theories. Makes sense of you think about it.

I’m sure he’ll look back and cringe one day but I think the primary message you should be sending is “the drugs are turning your brain to mush mate”.

nickc

Living in isolation with internet for primary company can make people sociopathic and more inclined to look for outlandish misanthropic ‘evidence’ to rationalise/excuse their own shrinking empathy/humanity.

Indeed, close relative in the same situation, now stopped the weed, and made some better choices with regards to overall health, stopping the fags, coffeee and so on) now seeing something of the person that they used to be

freeagent
    Free Member

I think the primary message you should be sending is “the drugs are turning your brain to mush mate”.

^^this.

This has happened to a few old friends and workmates over the years, robbed them of their ambition and turned them into nobs.

grum
    Free Member

Yeah it’s weird but I have also read stuff showing that intelligent people make better internal arguments with the logical bits of their brain to justify the stuff the ‘monkey brain’ is coming out with.

Dope.
    The prevailing view that dope doesn’t cause any harm is wrong, it’s just that it’s harder to measure than sone drugs. Throw in isolation and the internet and boom.
    Your ‘friend’ is living proof.

Think it depends on the person and the dope. Some people are more prone to psychosis than others. Also different strains of weed have different levels of active compounds that have very different effects, most of the time most people don’t know what they’re getting. Certainly the ‘super-skunk’ type weed that used to be pretty much the only thing available when I was a student is not great for most people.

I doubt taking any drug daily is particularly great but some people do genuinely find certain strains of medicinal use.

wicki
    Free Member

Skunk paranoia is setting in this will end in tears

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Reefer madness innit

Junkyard
    Free Member

The man has strange views and he smokes weed its really not as causal or as simplistic as you are suggesting as not all weed smokers end up as Nazi sympathisers and I would imagine not many Nazis are smoking weed and listening to Bob Marley.

The social isolationist position suggests a lack of empathy with his fellow human and its not much a of a leap from that to being a Nazi /white supremacist but , tbh, we are all just guessing.

footflaps

He has spent the last few years smoking tons of weed and living in a caravan.

His mental health is definitely not OK!

jmatlock
    Free Member

Kudos,

Is your friend Ex UK Rapper Tommy Evans?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The wisdom of a tribe can be lost in a generation…

chakaping
    Free Member

its really not as causal or as simplistic as you are suggesting as not all weed smokers end up as Nazi sympathisers and I would imagine not many Nazis are smoking weed and listening to Bob Marley.

I can only speak for myself, but I think the content of his wacky theories is sort of irrelevant – the important bit is that they are hugely misguided and likely to be fuelled by the heavy drug use.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You just repeated what I said folk were saying. smoking weed fueled his theories
    Its unlikely this is true
    ITs still highly unlikely we will find a link between Nazi white supremacist views [ which are odious but not necessarily a mental health issue ] and smoking weed and if you do it’s more likely to be negative.

IMHO fewer pot heads will be Nazi racists as they are not obvious bed fellows

This is just folks knees jerking – it may be a factor bit we really cannot be sure and most pot heads dont end up as caravan dwelling neo Nazis

chakaping
    Free Member

I didn’t see anyone saying weed turns you into a Nazi though?

copa
    Free Member

it is pretty worrying when someone who is/was intelligent starts reading a load of propaganda that makes no sense, having been open minded and being brought up in the UK.

All of us are exposed to propoganda and it’s much more effective when you don’t recognise it. It helps to create beliefs and attitudes that could also be considered warped and irrational.

Then again I don’t understand the English who run off to fight with Isis (according to my mate, he also thinks Isis is fake and is being controlled by the CIA)

I think this is an example. Do you also struggle to understand those English who run off to bomb and shoot people in foreign lands on behalf of the UK military? Are they extremists?

doris5000

ITs still highly unlikely we will find a link between Nazi white supremacist views [ which are odious but not necessarily a mental health issue ] and smoking weed and if you do it’s more likely to be negative.

that’s a straw man.

What people are saying is that there’s a link between smoking tonnes of weed on a long-term basis and, er, being mental.

Of course there’s anecdotal evidence either way – i smoked weed every night for years and still held down a job perfectly happily – but on the other hand, everyone i know who genuinely believes the big mad conspiracy theories (lizards, 9/11, chemtrails etc) is a massive toker and usually throws in some other substances too.

problem is though that when someone’s still broadly functioning – doing their job every day etc – it’s hard to tell them that they’re **** up and need to sort their head out. All you can really do is be there for them if/when it all falls to pieces. If they haven’t completely alienated you by then…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Found out today that a (now ex) friend is a Nazi sympathiser…………..’ is closed to new replies.