Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Found on the N Downs today
  • gee
    Free Member

I found a group of people playing mock fantasy battles in the woods near Holmbury today.

Do they belong to anyone?

It was all very surreal watching some bloke dressed as a troll chasing someone in some other mad outfit brandishing a sword.

GB

db

was there a muddy dwarf involved? 😆

spacemonkey

Had the same experience up there a few years ago … was tearing down the last section of Telegraph Row when a bunch of berserker-type chainmail-clad ‘warriors’ wielding swords and shields leapt out from the left. Another bunch of dwarven-like folk then appeared from the right. Was a bit weird.

Each to their own I suppose.

timmys

There’s a bunch of them that hang out near the church at Woburn every weekend. I often wonder if they are thinking “look at those plonkers” when some lycra clad or padded up biker flies past who is thinking the same about them.

winterfold
    Free Member

Brilliant – that’s tickled me.

Can’t wait to see them 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

I’ve seen them a few times too, dunno if it’s sad or great, they look a bit nerdy though.

The early germania scenes in Gladiator were filmed on Holmbury too. I wonder if that’s what they’re trying to recreate..?

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

they look a bit nerdy though

You’re posting this on an internet forum for mountain bikers. Taking a catapult into the greenhouse a bit.

Wookster

Lol at the catapult into the green house comment!!

Passed them down My way too each to their own eh!! Right off to ride the crosser!!

wheelie

They do it regularly at Farley Mount.

kaesae
    Free Member

Chain mail is great for physical training, especially running in, crap when it rains though 😯

jhw
    Free Member

I met these chaps a while ago walking my ex around there, above Peaslake. I particularly remember three goblins guarding the path we were walking on, I think as we passed we had a mundane exchange like “lovely day for it”/”cheers mate”

Didn’t Russell Crowe unleash hell near Farnham/Aldershot/Caesar’s Camp (ironically)?

derp
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw[/video]

flatfish
    Free Member

I passed two blokes dressed as Obi Wan Kenobi waving pretend light sabres in Leigh woods, Bristol.
    A few weeks later I bumped into robin hood and his merry men.

Xylene
    Free Member

Cosplay – can’t go wrong with it when it’s done right.

Good vs Bad Cosplay

martinxyz
    Free Member

Thought that read “God Vs Coldplay”

kimbers

ha i used to do live-role playing when i was younger

really is excellent fun

made my own chainmail and everything- you think bike maintenance is tough try knitting thousand of sprung steel split washers together with 2 pairs of plyers

its seriously popular too, some of the big weekends attract thousands its like its own festival or say ……..bristol bikefest

and it may be geeky but ime experience at least it has a better girl to bloke ratio than mtbing!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Found on the N Downs today’ is closed to new replies.