Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Found Garmin on lower Garburn Troutbeck side .
  • postierich
    Free Member

Has Marion on the start up screen found by a rider on the #jennride

Trimix
    Free Member

Hasn’t it got HOME in it as a waypoint ?

medoramas
    Free Member

I’d try to upload one of the previous rides from the Garmin as my on on Strava – it should show who did I “rode” with.

Obviously this only works if the owner uses Strava…

iainfrancis
    Free Member

Hi,
    Wow, I think that’s mine. It’s a Garmin Etrex 20 I think. I looked at it going through Limefitt Park but when I’d got to about Lowther Brow at (GR 424056) I noticed it’d fallen off. This is a photo looking back down the valley taken a bit later
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/US1dXt]Troutbeck Park[/url] by Iain Francis, on Flickr I just couldn’t bring myself to retrace my steps as it wasn’t quite as easy going as I’d remembered. Many thanks for posting about it. If you let me have your email I’ll send you the cost of postage etc.
    I’ll PM my address to you if that’s OK?

I wasn’t too worried about the losing my navigation as I’d got a phone to fall back on but not a map or compass stupidly. But after a tedious accent up Park Fell I found myself in the middle of a flat mossy bog that was almost impossible to cycle over. I couldn’t see further than about 50m and had no idea which way to go so resorted to my phone but it was so wet I couldn’t get past the start screen. Arrgggh. Anyway it cleared up after that and the descent after Loadpot Hill down to Howtown was a blast. The ‘Marion’ on the start up screen is my better half.

Iain

postierich
    Free Member

Excellent news its a 30 but not far off 🙂 small world mtb circles

richard.munro@outlook.com

will send it recorded have to go to the PO tomorrow to send some t shirts and a picture

Rich

akira

For future reference if you email Garmin with details they’ll email the owner as long as its registered with them.

cp

Always useful to put contact details on the start up splash screen on compatible models:-

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/08/display-number-garmin.html/amp

postierich
    Free Member

Be meaning to do that for a while really easy to do!

Good Tip

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Found Garmin on lower Garburn Troutbeck side .’ is closed to new replies.