Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • FOUND – Garmin Edge 810 in Yorkshire
  • stevebo
    Free Member

Hi,

Found a Garmin Edge 810 on the side of the road in deepest Yorkshire. Pretty sure it belongs to a roadie from the nature of the mileage of the rides! However I am just trying to spread the word to find its rightful owner. Please spread the word if you know of anyone in the Leeds/Wakefield area that has lost one.

Thanks, Steve

garagebikes
    Free Member

Pretty certain I know who’s that is! I’ve just messaged the chap 🙂

garagebikes
    Free Member

Regardless of whether it turns out to be my friends or not, come in and see us to get either a basic service or fork service FOC for your honesty. There’s a whole load of folk out there who would have kept that and kept silent.

Al

postierich
    Free Member

can you not go to the start of the ride most roadies ride from home 🙂

Crag
    Free Member

As Al says, one of our pals lost his yesterday.
    I’ve just sent him a text with this link, fingers crossed it’s his!

scaredypants

yorkshire’s been mapped ??!!

Davey
    Free Member

Hi Steve, I’m the chap ‘Garage Bikes’ has just messaged – I lost my Garmin 810 on Saturday near Oxenhope. Any chance you could call/message me I can talk in more detail about where I think I lost it and describe it, it’s also got quite a distinctive mount on the back.

Hope it’s mine that you have – I’ve been sick all weekend thinking about the prospect of having to replace it.

Thanks very much
    Dave
    o776o269522, email in profile

smurfly13
    Free Member

I do like threads like this – fingers crossed its yours!!

damascus
    Free Member

That’s some good karma coming your way stevebo,

Bregante

damascus – Member
    That’s some good karma coming your way stevebo

Let’s hope so!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stolen-2015-canyon-strive-al-70-small-retro-black

stevebo
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Thanks for putting me in touch with Dave. I haven’t been able to get through to him so far but left a voicemail and emailed him.

Really appreciate your very kind offer Garage Bikes, but as Bregante highlighted, I am bikeless at the minute due to some scumbag recently taking my nearly new Canyon Strive 7.0! I have been searching high and low but no sign of it locally or on the internet at the minute.

rickmeister

Ill just leave this here, it might help folk getting their Garmin back and its super quick and easy to do.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/08/display-number-garmin.html

beano68
    Free Member

Great to see honest folk about ! #quality 😉

Davey
    Free Member

Huge, huge thanks to Steve (and his Mum and Dad – who found the Garmin). I really appreciate you posting this on STW and also thanks to my friends for spotting the post.

Very relived to have got it back !!

Davey
    Free Member

@Rickmeister – neat trick, thanks for the post, I’ll be doing that as well as getting a new mount (Garmin ones seems prone to failure) and sorting a strong tether out 🙂

rickmeister

@Davey,

Agree, its so simple I dont know why its not included in the box when you get them.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Just in case anyone cares, I can confirm that startup text setting is also on Edge Touring. Someone on here mentioned it a while back.

Psplat
    Free Member

I got mine back last year, got an email from Garmin[1] asking if they could forward my detials on, was very pleased, so would recommend pinging them an email.

[1] Product.Support@garmin.com

stevebo
    Free Member

No worries Dave, cheers for the beers! All the best

garagebikes
    Free Member

stevebo, when you get another bike squared away come and see us, it’s not a time limited offer 😉

Cheers

Al

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘FOUND – Garmin Edge 810 in Yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.