Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Found a car but its showing as stolen??
  • cakefacesmallblock

This probably sounds very irrational, but on the basis that I know I would somehow feel ” uncertain” about any car of my own if it was recovered following theft. Then I d probably feel even more strongly about having someone else’ under the same circumtances .
    Maybe that sounds odd, but I’m certain others would feel the same.
    It would restore some faith in folk though, if this does indeed get righted on the database next day or so.

chakaping
    Free Member

What do you think??

I still think you’re gonna buy it.

You seem to have an amazing talent for asking for advice and then ignoring it.

renton
    Free Member

Nope not buying it !!

On the hunt still

hora
    Free Member

Sure….. at somepoint in the next two months Jamie will note you are posting on the very same car that you’ll have a problem with/need STW massif’s help on.

No matter how much the seller assures you- when you come to sell on or PX you’ll find it hard. You’ll be given low-ball offers or refused at dealers and its hard enough private selling anyway, with another complication you’ll get bargain-hunters sniffing around.

BTW Renton- I’d give you 5.5k for it (seriously).

renton
    Free Member

Just about to put a deposit down on a 2011 mondeo estate.

dooosuk
    Free Member

<Awaits thread about Mondeo Estate in a few weeks time>

hora
    Free Member

Hang on Renton, you do go through quite a few bikes and cars dont you? A sort of turbo-chargedHora ™

renton
    Free Member

Hopefully not dooosuk

hora
    Free Member

Is it an ex-rep car or taxi renton? Is the history kosher?……

renton
    Free Member

It’s a 1 owner car from a dealer so at least will have some comeback.

2.0 tdci 163 bhp with dealer service history

daveh
    Free Member

Perhaps a thread about turbo lag…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Or about dmfs or injectors in 8 months time,

renton
    Free Member

Didnt get it in the end.

Went to look at it today and what is supposed to be a excellent condition car is actually marked on every panel and not tidy at all!

the hunt continues.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Out of curiosity, what is it about a car being stolen that makes its value drop? I could understand if it had been written off due to damage or such but what’s a short stint being (possibly) driven hard compared to the lifetime of abuse that some muppets give but don’t get penalised for when they come to sell up?

geoffj

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/used-car-purchase-are-dealer-touch-ups-any-good

renton
    Free Member

yeah nice one geoffj???

bamboo
    Free Member

Bilmey, the OP does seem to have an ability to make life difficult for himself

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Found a car but its showing as stolen??’ is closed to new replies.