• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Forums and switching hosts, crawler convertors etc
  • spooky_b329

I’ve got a forum hosted on Zetaboards…as it is growing I am finding it fairly rubbish:

Poor protection against spammers
    Malicious popup/redirect adverts
    Lack of email notifications for new accounts/posts needing approval (needed due to the spammage levels)
    Losing content as I can only approve new accounts every 24hrs or so, and if they post on an old topic before approved I can only find it if I search through hundreds of old topics.

I also pay for ad removal but would rather be able to generate my own revenue from the ads.

Doesn’t look like an easy job to switch, my programming abilities stop at school level BASIC 🙁 I know there are crawler-convertors but it looks like they need a certain level of knowledge to know how to use. Sounds like its a bit of hassle too as each member would be emailed a new random password for the new forum (there are nearly 14,000 but the vast majority are dormant/spammers and I reckon I could delete the dormant accounts before converting – I’m assuming it wouldn’t affect future ad revenue as they only care about current/unique visitors/clicks I suspect?)

Are there people that do this sort of thing (converting forums) for ££ (ideally not £££!)

Ideally I want to switch to a nice basic forum with no PM system (obviously I want all questions and answers to be public) a bit like STW! And no flaming quote button to create huge duplicated lumps of text!)

Edit: ivecoforums.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Forums and switching hosts, crawler convertors etc’ is closed to new replies.