• This topic has 4,478 replies, 425 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 4,479 total)
  • Forum Update
  • sbob
    Free Member

I have seen the very best of humanity through this website Mark. I have experienced immeasurable kindness from remarkable people.

Started reading that in the voice of Rutger Hauer. 😉

Hang tight bruv.

Drac

Yes I did Cougar. Sorry if I got that wrong Bullheart.

jamj1974

I’ve just been given six months to live by my oncologist. Will it be before then?

Don’t know what to say Mark, but sending you all the positive thoughts possible.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve got to use the Classifieds to raise funds for funeral costs.

If people have GoFundMe pages on here for dog surgery, and then are never to be seen again, and ducking drum kits, I reckon you should have one for your funeral costs.

I’d rather give £15 to that than a P on here 🦄

senorj

Very sorry to hear Bullheart’s shitty news too. I agree with Jamie.

zokes
    Free Member

Me too. Jesus life’s grim at times.

cogwomble
    Free Member

Wow.

That’s popped life right into perspective.

cogwomble
    Free Member

In the real world, my job is planning IT stuff and writting solution brief documents for engineers and project managers to work to.  The place I work for is very well known in the sector they work in, quite large, and as such they pay relatively well for the work they have us chimps churn out.

I’m deliberately very closed about where I work on forums and in social media, but my experience is that if you’re making schema or database changes you make sure it’s going to work, ID a UAT group, and mess around with that before you go into production, buy a test server, migrate a pool, check all your plugins and functions, make sure changes don’t impact those who are service users, then ensure you can roll it all back should it go to shit.

Seems that’s not been the case.

Don’t envy whoevers shoulders sorting this mess out has fallen on.

bodgy
    Free Member

You know the little survey thing that pops up on the main site homepage? Perhaps STW could have a referendum? ‘Remain’ with the old fully functioning forum, or ‘Leave’ for the false promises and fading dreams of the New STW Order?

jamj1974

In the real world, my job is planning IT stuff

In here people like that (Us) are ten a penny!  😉

Drac

Are you in a Matrix Cogwomble?

chvck
    Free Member

I’m really sorry to hear that bullheart. As someone who has had very little interaction with you on here and none in the real world I just felt that I should say that reading about you dealing with what you were going through and your attitude to it was a real inspiration to me when I first had my MS diagnosis.

Does anyone else find it bizarre to have classes AND all that inline styling?

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’m in Jamie

whitestone
    Free Member

The inline styling isn’t part of the site styling, it’s actual text inside a “blockquote” element that has been added by the paste function associated with this reply box.

In fact a lot of the problems people are reporting are to do with this bit of code: masses of span detritus when pasting text; inability to edit posts on iPad (possibly other mobile devices as well) – once you click inside the original text you can’t move the cursor! I’m sure that there are others that I’ve forgotten.

leffeboy

Ah, that explains it then. It really didn’t make any sense but I didn’t care enough to track it down

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ok I know how to search for a thread I’ve responded to, and it comes up with a long list of responses.

However am I being blind but how do you tell what the thread was about unless you click on to it?

Mighty annoying I am trying to find a thread I responded on Canada and I ain’t found it yet.

simondbarnes

However am I being blind but how do you tell what the thread was about unless you click on to it?

Just hover your mouse over the hashtag

simondbarnes

And as for bullheart’s news, properly shit to hear 🙁

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

‘Just hover your mouse over the hashtag’

How do you hover using an iPhone ?

Back in the days of the shit forum it showed the thread title too

simondbarnes

How do you hover using an iPhone ?

No idea, I haven’t got one 🙂

edit: on android you can hold your finger on the hashtag and it shows the link. Maybe same on iphone?

sbob
    Free Member

I like the new forum.

Before I’d get up in the morning and check to see what drunken shite I’d posted the night before, but now it’s like every day is a new one! 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

well thanks for the update in the Our Forum post

Update: Monday 13th February

The forum will be worked on and alongside with other developments. The things that we are currently doing on the forum are:

1. Put a search back that will be useful and won’t slow the site

2. Improve the member history so you can find your posts and replies to your posts

3. Deal with the formatting issues.

We will be giving a brief update, hopefully at the end of each working day.

Thanks for your patience.

Be good to see what’s been fixed

bearnecessities

I’m in Jamie

Weirdest PSA ever.

Sandwich

I’m in Jamie

Did he pay extra for the lube?

That’s properly Crap news Bullheart. You are an inspiration! Good luck and may your God go with you.

bruneep

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/our-forum/#post-9835143

Update: Monday 13th February

The forum will be worked on and alongside with other developments. The things that we are currently doing on the forum are:

2. Improve the member history so you can find your posts and replies to your posts

We will be giving a brief update, hopefully at the end of each working day.

Thanks for your patience.

Monday was 12th Tuesday is 13th?

simple things

and no update either

Cougar

Monday was 12th Tuesday is 13th?

simple things

and no update either

I know things aren’t ideal right now but I swear, sometimes people must just look for things to complain about.

1) that post was made six hours ago, as you can see from the time stamp.  The day is clearly a typo / braino.  Big whoop.

2) “We will be giving a brief update, hopefully at the end of each working day.”

3) 42 pages of “well, it’d all be ok if we just got an official update” here;  STW: Here’s an update and we’ll try to do more; “Well, that’s not good enough.”

perchypanther
    Free Member

I mean, that’s all very well and everything, but when do we get the cakes?

Cougar

The cake is a lie.

aracer
    Free Member

Here you go:
    https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=002353871167780190211:ffna6g0opko

Though

are useful and exactly what people are asking for – thanks (the latter is a non issue for me as the scripts don’t work, hence I don’t have any buttons or preview, but also no strange formatting text when quoting – would be nice to get that fixed, but personally I’d prioritise it lower than those other two issues).

Even more thanks for a useful and informative update.

olly2097
    Free Member

@Cougar,

The Singletrack Enrichment Center is committed to the well being of all participants. Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all.

Cougar

Now, where’s that ‘like’ button…

sbob
    Free Member

It’s under my post in the vegan cafe thread, which you should probably delete. 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

I’m with Cougar on this one. Update provided in a prominent place by the owner, as requested. It’s a start…

By all means discuss the priority of the tasks being dealt with, and I agree that despite the previous explanation, reinventing Google would be very low down the list for me too, but give him a break!

We ask for him to provide updates in a sticky so they don’t get lost in the noise. People then complain that they can’t comment on that thread (which would generate the noise). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Right, I’m back to ponder whether I’m robbing or being exploited by ASDA

Drac

Just keep from the fresh veg isle Zokes if you don’t want exploited.

zokes
    Free Member

I like to think of myself as more of a speciality meat

hammyuk
    Free Member

I like to think of myself as more of a speciality meat

Grindr?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Oh ffs…..

zokes
    Free Member

😂

simmy
    Free Member

I apologise if this has been mentioned it this thread already, but I can’t go through 42 pages to see if it has.

2 features I found useful in the old days were the ” latest reply by ………” Which took you to the end of the thread and the ability to log in from the end of the thread.

I don’t stay logged in as i share my I pad.

Will this features be included again when everything’s up and running ?

Thanks

whitestone
    Free Member

@simmy – the first is still there – the links under the “Freshness” column take you to the latest post (I used it to get to yours). The popup text is different now.

I think the log-in is at the top right of threads/pages now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 4,479 total)

The topic ‘Forum Update’ is closed to new replies.