• This topic has 4,478 replies, 425 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 4,479 total)
  • Forum Update
  • cjr61

Shiny shiny

thepodge
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-image: initial; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background: #eeeeee; display: flex; justify-content: flex-start; float: none; text-align: center; width: unset; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; border-color: initial initial #cccccc initial; border-style: initial initial dotted initial;”>spacemonkey
    <div class=”bbp-author-role” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent; display: flex; justify-content: flex-start; font-style: italic; float: none; width: unset; flex: 0 1 auto;”>
    <div class=”” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;”>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 4px 12px 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background: #eeeeee; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>

<p style=”margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent; line-height: 1.2em;”>Those avatars are massively enlarged and unsightly.</p>

</div>

yep fully agree. no need for them either really

Quote function seems a bit wonky too.

Northwind

“Mark – About to turn on something that could either make that better or worse 🙂”

All IT work summed up in a single line. “Maybe it’ll be great or maybe it’ll go on fire, who knows?”

thepodge
    Free Member

er… I think I broke the quote bit.

Was replying to the avatar looking pants post

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There doesn’t seem to be a way to click back to threads you’ve replied to from your profile?

JoeG
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>spacemonkey
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    Those avatars are massively enlarged and unsightly.

Only on the mobile version. They are tiny (same size as the font) on the PC vewrsion

redthunder
    Free Member

Is there really going to be an avatar option.

I like the “like” button.

JoeG
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>thisisnotaspoon
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    There doesn’t seem to be a way to click back to threads you’ve replied to from your profile?

Yes, posting history is missing. No “Threads Started” or “Threads Replied To” (I think those were the headers).

Only the private message stuff is visible.

midlifecrashes

Classifieds replies bumping to top of the page.

Keep up the good work, cheers.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Where’s the like button?

i can’t seem to upload an avatar in my profile page on my iPhone. Pressing the “upload” button doesn’t do anything.

Mark

Ok. We’ve been here since 6am and we think we are at a point where we can leave it alone for a few hours and get some sleep. There’s lots for us to work on tomorrow to optimise things before we move on to tidying up the styling.

Thanks for bearing with us today.

prawny

I don’t like the green, it’s ok in the threads but on the forum homepage it hurts my eyes. Bleugh.

Mark

Ok. We’ve been here since 6am and we think we are at a point where we can leave it alone for a few hours and get some sleep. There’s lots for us to work on tomorrow to optimise things before we move on to tidying up the styling.

Checking the quote

core

The ‘forum activity’ option has gone under your profile drop down, I used to use this to check updates to threads I’d started/posted in a lot.

Bookmarked link to the same no also no longer works.

Kryton57

<span style=”color: #444444;”>I like the “like” button.</span>

There’s a like button?

JoeG
    Free Member

Mark
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>

Thanks for bearing with us today.

Thank you.

aracer
    Free Member

Yes, posting history is missing. No “Threads Started” or “Threads Replied To” (I think those were the headers).

eh? I can see a list of topics started pretty much as it was before. The list of replies now provides the whole text of your reply, but there doesn’t seem to be a way I can find of actually going to the thread you replied to – not that I can find.

More importantly though the updates’s broken the Chrome Forum Extender Tools and I’m going to be forced to do an update to that to get easy quoting back (assuming that isn’t coming as part of the update – I assumed “reply” under each post might do that, but it doesn’t seem to)!

GrahamS

Downside for me is that the “Forum Activity” link under my username has gone.

That was pretty much the main way I interacted with the forum as it listed all the threads I was currently contributing to. Hopefully that is a temporary omission or is to be replaced with something much betterer?

Other than that, well done for the rollout!

redthunder
    Free Member

Behind the Nationwide at Swindon is a Like Button.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The ‘forum activity’ option has gone under your profile drop down, I used to use this to check updates to threads I’d started/posted in a lot.

Bookmarked link to the same no also no longer works.

It’s got its own tab next to it now (but you can’t click on the threads to go back to them so it’s a bit useless)

nixie

Its under a heading called Forums now.

nixie

Ok. We’ve been here since 6am

Ouch. My own worst launch was go into work at 8am one day an leave lunch time the next. Was so tired I couldn’t type let along make meaningful fixes to the numerous issues!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Posted a reply – didn’t show. Postedit again, said I’d posted it before, nothing showing.

Posted another message, ok.

Posted another message, OK.

Edited it to add soething, now original not showing.

All in the Corbyn thread – which means it is probably some ninja hacking by a momentum infiltrator who’s infiltrated stw towers…

cjr61

Trying to post an advert and think i broke it

scaredypants

Downside for me is that the “Forum Activity” link under my username has gone.

I’m hoping that “engagements” will become the same thing

aracer
    Free Member

Anyway, am I missing something here, what is the big improvement?

user-removed
    Free Member

I love that I can see the full thread titles on mobile now – but also quite liked the guessing game before 😀

aidensmith
    Free Member

You may be going to tweak this at some point, but I preferred the option that showed your forum activity.  This allowed you to see when people replied to your forum posts, particularly those in the Classifieds section which aren’t bumped, but I can’t see how to now do that.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

It’s different!   if all else fails draw a chalk circle round the server and start praying

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Green makes my eyes hurt…

thepodge
    Free Member

I Liked how you could hover over the latest reply link on the main forum page and see who had posted.

Was a good way to ignore people but it seems to have gone.

SaxonRider

I have no opinion other than the hope that it all works well.

I don’t know what you lot are complaining about with respect to the green, though. Aren’t greens and browns what mountain biking is all about?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The green is plain nasty.

Other than that,  not much has changed that I can see.

Unless THAT thread has been stealthily deleted. Fingers crossed…

kennyp
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; background-color: #eeeeee;”>The end point of all that is a happy place with lots of new things to play with, but getting there may be a bit bumpy at times.</span>

A pretty good description of mountain biking, not just the forum updates.

PS What am I doing wrong trying to insert a quote?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

So, has it changed how we add pictures Mark?

Houns

Is “div class” stw’s nickname for the forum and users of? ;0P

vincienup
    Free Member

Good to see dev work going on, but this does look very much like a Work in progress.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned, but it’s basically unusable on an iPhone right now – formatting is all over and the forum icons (eg, the wheel for the bike forum) are trying to occupy most of the screen each… (fully updated iPhone SE if that makes any difference)

simondbarnes

I don’t appear to be able to login on my phone. I like the green though.

SaxonRider

@monkeyfeet: Nope.

Mark

There shouldn’t be much of a noticeable difference functionality wise from your POV. This first phase of development is much more to do with knocking our databases into some kind of reliable shape so we can start the next phase. That’s why we are currently focusing on server side things before we get to front end stuff.

That said the underlying software for the forum has been upgraded to the latest version from the antiquated but deeply modified and embedded version we had before. This version better integrates with the rest of the site and will allow us to build a user/subscription system that can do what we actually want it to do 🙂

More work tomorrow.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 4,479 total)

The topic ‘Forum Update’ is closed to new replies.