Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Forum purchase problem, what would you do?!?!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

paypal gift unfortunately.

Oh FFS. Sorry…but…oh for FFS.

Seems he sold yet another pair that didn’t suit his face

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/oakley-radarlock-path

Linked in my post on previous page, mate. Sold the same, or similar, 3 times in last 12 months-ish. Not including if anyone took him up on his replies to their wanted posts.

Kryton57

Well, I only have a bag….not a cloth.

razorrazoo

franksinatra – Member
    Would have expected someone with his job to have a pretty good moral compass so perhaps this is all a big misunderstanding.

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Just because someone works at a school does not guarantee a moral compass. Totally different situation but Ian Huntley springs to mind.

pk13

No one would be daft enough to link their employers name/e-mail details to a hookie for sale thread! Would they ?

pk13

Maybe he failed at scamming school. The last person you want involved in an internet bun fight is your employer.

franksinatra

Maybe he failed at scamming school. The last person you want involved in an internet bun fight is your employer.

Also best to avoid an extremely distinctive name and an online presence.

andytpickering
    Free Member

posiwev; if you’ve got a picture of a genuine case, that would be fantastic.

a_t_pickering@hotmail.com

If Ian Oliphant is reading any of this, it’d be nice if he’d contribute seeing as he’s ignoring my emails now!

bencooper
    Free Member

What a useless article that is. “A small number of unscrupulous local bike shops”? Where – in the UK, in the World, where? Evidence? Load of scaremongering tosh – a LBS pretending to be a dealer for something they’re not would get shut down sharpish, and equally any shop passing off fake goods as genuine when they are a dealer would be in big trouble.

falkirk-mark

OP you can suck it up and learn from your mistake. You bought a pair of sunglasses from someone who almost exlusively posts in the classifieds (with the exception of asking where to buy knockoff oakleys) Ignored the advice of a trusted forum member and then paid by a means that offered you no protection whatsoever. Sorry to be harsh but if you do not learn from this then you will gain nothing whatsoever from this situation. HTH

LardLover
    Free Member

My mate’s fake Oakley polarised lens is also a lot thinner than the others.

I’ve never compared genuine Oakley polarised lens against other genuine lens so shouldn’t comment.

Time for bed, it’s been a busy night.

Kryton57

Just sent him this, don’t expect a reply though;

Hi Ian

You may be interested to read this: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/forum-purchase-problem-what-would-you-do/page/2.

Seeing as your details are splashed all over it, perhaps, and to give you the benefit of the doubt it would be good that if this were a mistake you might clear it up before your name is tarnished any more than it has been. Perhaps an explanation is due in the thread or by to this email which I’ll happily post on your behalf.

However, should it turn out that you have indeed deceived myself and one other by selling us fake Oakley sunglasses, it again may be in your favor to make a gesture relative to their real value to both me and the original poster. Speaking for myself there is a £70 difference between what I paid you, and what typically fake oakleys are selling for on ebay. I’d be happy to give you a paypal address for you to refund me the difference.

In my view, this would present the appropriate moral fibre given the situation and with your apparent position of employment taken into account.

I look forward to your reply.

codybrennan
    Free Member

What if he’s a pupil? My (primary school) daughters both have ‘proper’ email addresses from their schools.

dashed
    Free Member

If he’s a pupil then discuss with the headmaster that one of his kids is scamming people on the internet!

iolo
    Free Member

Why are you asking for only 70 pounds? You are happy to have fakes?
    That kind of defeats the object of your post complaining they are not original.
    Get a full refund and send them back and report this guy to Oakley.
    If you really want genuine Oakleys go into the nearest dealer and buy some.

sc-xc

You could make a trunk call to the school….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Send The Management round…

bikebouy
    Free Member

You do know that there are genuine Oakley “seconds” shops don’t you?
    Theres one in Portsmouth at Gunwharf Quays and I bought a pair from them, ex display two lenses (g’teed new replacements) frames had been in display cabinets, with a set of old lenses in, cost £75.00.
    Bargain.
    I’d go to one of these shops before aproaching anyone selling s/h shades on here.
    HTH

theflatboy
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

You could make a trunk call to the school….

😆

On another note, Paypal gift… for 2nd hand “Oakley” glasses, one of the most faked products on the planet… seriously?

jekkyl

this forum rocks!!…at stuff at like this, more power to your elbow fake oakley purchasers!

shermer75
    Free Member

Kryton57

While I’m happy to admit I didn’t make the best purchasing decision in the world, pointing out the idiocy time and time again perhaps isn’t necessary.

Lets remember that regardless of my own naivity, there’s an alleged deceptive bording on daylight robbery thats taken place.

Jamie
    Free Member

On another note, Paypal gift…

I know I shouldn’t, but it was at that point I lost a lot of my righteous indignation at the situation.

I know it’s possibly kicking a man when he is down, but a buyer has to accept a certain amount of responsibility to make sure they have safeguards in place.

It’s not as if there are not blatant warnings on every topic in the classifieds warning users against PP gift. It’s almost tantamount to popping your old chap in a beehive. People are telling you not to do it, there isn’t no benefit to doing it, several others have done it and come off badly….and yet they dip it in honey and have at it.

To address the Oliphant in the room, this obviously doesn’t excuse any alleged wrongdoing by the seller. It’s just these PP Gift incidents do make such scams both possible and pervasive.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Fair point, K. Hopefully the constant reminders will be of use to others, though.

footflaps

Can we organise a lynching now we’re through with all the touch feely soul searching stuff?

I’ve got a rope, we just need a big tree and a neck that wants stretching….

cranberry
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare neck you can have – it is genuine*.

£200 Paypal gift DumbOrGreedy ?

* though my pet liger might have eaten the documentation

brassneck

It’s almost tantamount to popping your old chap in a beehive. People are telling you not to do it, there isn’t no benefit to doing it, several others have done it and come off badly….and yet they dip it in honey and have at it.

Can I send you a donation for that quote? PP gift OK?

oli2001
    Free Member

wow. just read this….. the glasses are real. i’ve got a relative who works for snow+rock who gets me 2 or 3 pairs a year. i sell them on. kept a pair for myself.We all move bike related parts on, some new some used.
    not sure what else to say. one guy didnt like them and this…..

footflaps

Quick get that rope around his neck and pull…….

dashed
    Free Member

If they’re real then you’ll have no problem giving OP his money back and selling them elsewhere then. You are obviously unable to provide the paperwork, so do the decent thing… 🙂

wwaswas

i’ve got a relative who works for snow+rock who gets me 2 or 3 pairs a year

so you’re trading on the classifieds forum?

Drac

So if you have a relative you get them cheap for you can you explain this post to us then please?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cheap-oakleys-2

BoardinBob

We all move bike related parts on

Looking at your posting history, there are bike shops that sell less stuff than you do.

jfletch
    Free Member

I know if I sell samples or other gear that I get cheap from work (a major retailer) on eBay, on here or via any other route then I would be swiftly fired. That would include passing them on via a relative.

Mr Oliphant – I wonder if S&R would like to hear about your little side line in Oakleys or if they are totally happy with the situation? Does your relative who works for S&R like their job.

Or are the made up. A quick email to S&R from the OP claiming that he got some knock-off Oakleys which appear to have come from a leak in their supply chain would have them investigating very quickly and they would soon find out if a) your relative has broken their policy and will lose their job or b) your story is bollox and they would inform the police that someone is passing of knock offs as something they got from them.

Giving the OP his money back and dissapearing seems like a tempting option now doesn’t it. Even if they are genuine.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Busted!

njee20
    Free Member

Why are they always the same colour, which they don’t actually make…? You’ve said they’re custom, but then why are you paying extra for that through Snow+Rock when you’re selling them on? And they’re not an option on the custom programme anyway.

Footflaps +1

cranberry
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Q9ZEdOLSE[/video]

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the glasses are real. i’ve got a relative who works for snow+rock who gets me 2 or 3 pairs a year. i sell them on. kept a pair for myself

And if that were the case, then surely you’re cutting your own leg off at that price even if you got them at trade.

dashed
    Free Member

I suspect Oakley themselves would be mighty peeved to find someone doing this.

Still doesn’t answer how they are a colour not available…

bencooper
    Free Member

And if that were the case, then surely you’re cutting your own leg off at that price even if you got them at trade.

Assuming they’re paid for, not stock wastage.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Possible scenario… Maybe the relative is buying knock off ones and then selling them to the Oliphant claiming it’s some special deal they got through work and that he’s being scammed too if he really does believe they are genuine? Benefit of the doubt and all that.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Forum purchase problem, what would you do?!?!’ is closed to new replies.