Forum mods assemble

Home Forum Chat Forum Forum mods assemble

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Forum mods assemble
  • Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Ye gods, can you imagine? 😯

fasthaggis

Ye gods, can you imagine?

Oh yes,imagine the fun you could have in there 😉

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

If people are objecting to giving money to the daily fail, does it count as a positive thing to relieve them of money?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I’d rather shit a pineapple.

oldtalent

I might apply for that so I can self moderate myself. My last account only lasted 6 days before being banned again.

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Christ ,how much of a knob do you have to be to be banned from the mail?

fossy

Moderating Forums is a thankless task, so being paid ain’t too bad.

I was a mod for a number of years on a popular cycling forum, but some of the ‘crap’ you have to sort out and deal with, before the members get chance to see it, is incredible. Some folk are really unpleasant ‘keyboard warriors’ – we had other mods who had met these folk and they were right wimps in real life, but put a keyboard in front of them, my god.

We had a situation where there was a group of ‘members’ who were like a clique, and ganged up on people – we were sure they were sending PMs between each other. When you edited their crap they would get abusive.

I gave it up in the end as it wasn’t worth the hassle.

Christ ,how much of a knob do you have to be to be banned from the mail?

I believe it’s the opposite.

‘TALKING SENSE? SNOWFLAKE! BANNED!’

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

That would never happen on here fossy.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

In-depth knowledge of current affairs from hard news to celebrity gossip

That’s the STW lads out then 😆

fossy

In depth knowledge of bikes, we’d be in, but celebs ? Who ?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Brian Lopes?

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

Where’s Colin?

whitestone

Wasn’t he that red faced driver from Hull?

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

I’d rather shit a pineapple.

Two and a coconut as well!

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

That would be a Pina the arse.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Hmmm looking at the contributors I’m guessing that DezB and sandwich are the anonymous mods on here. Or could it be bearnecessities, pimpmaster jazz and aracer

Premier Icon dangeourbrain
    Subscriber

Or could it be bearnecessities

Having seen what he eats and obvious willingness to give his life for the benefit of fellow forumites it is quite possible, nay likely, that he’d give up his time on our behalf too.

(He also grows very good strawberries)

bikebouy

The Job Advert asks for 1+ year experience Moderating an online Forum..

Thats quite some experience criteria right there.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I’m guessing that DezB and sandwich are the anonymous mods on here

S’true, innit Drac.

If I was I’d ban everyone in that “forgotten music” thread 😡

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Can’t be true you’re not a fun sponge.

P-Jay

I was a mod for a number of years on a popular cycling forum, but some of the ‘crap’ you have to sort out and deal with, before the members get chance to see it, is incredible. Some folk are really unpleasant ‘keyboard warriors’ – we had other mods who had met these folk and they were right wimps in real life, but put a keyboard in front of them, my god.

We had a situation where there was a group of ‘members’ who were like a clique, and ganged up on people – we were sure they were sending PMs between each other. When you edited their crap they would get abusive.

Bikeradar?

I used to visit there, seemed to be 5-6 ‘core’ members who ruled completely, you dare offer an opinion against the accepted norm and it was hell to pay! One of them WAS a proper bike mechanic though, big **** woop – I know 3 bike mechanics independently of each other – ask them a question, get 3 different answers.

Anyway, I’d LOVE to mod the Fail Site, I’d last about 30 seconds, I’d add “common sense” to the swear filter to be replaced with “My ill-informed, un-researched, fear based knee jerk reaction is” and let the hilarity commence.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Drac –
    Can’t be true you’re not a fun sponge.

😆 that was weeks ago and you’re still sulking

Premier Icon dangeourbrain
    Subscriber

Fun sponge? I’ve seen videos heard of such things, that’s a hell of an interview method.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

aracer – Member
    Where’s Colin?

*waves*

Thanks for thinking of me but I’m too busy with this place and a couple of Facebook groups to take on any others.

fossy

Bikeradar?

I used to visit there

No another – one that isn’t affiliated to a magazine and is privately run. Alot of folk jumped from Bike Radar (or what ever it used to be called) to this forum.

As a mod you really do see what goes on in the background, and some folk really need a good kicking. We had a warning system, in that if someone really broke the rules they would get warning points. So many points got you a day’s ban, then 3, then a week, then a month and then kicked off for good. Quite a few people were two points off a full ban.

Oh and don’t get me started on mechanics or retired mechanics – pedantic little idiots that try and belittle newbies, or argue with experienced cyclists offering advice.

uselesshippy

I’d quite like that job. In a, how quickly will I get the sack kind of way.

CountZero

Sweet baby Jesus, five minutes and I’d want to melt their servers to slag, then nuke from orbit.
    Actually, now I think about it…

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Could be the most potent troll in recent memory if you had a spare couple of weeks.

bikebouy

I’m also slightly confused.. I really didn’t think DaliyFlail readers had enough co-ordination to type never mind engage in online narcism.

Every day seems to some, a School Day.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

online narcism.

Immigrants make me narky as well. 🙂

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

fossy – Member

And how we miss you! 😉

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

that was weeks ago and you’re still sulking

I’ll let you know when I start.

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

As a mod you really do see what goes on in the background, and some folk really need a good kicking. We had a warning system, in that if someone really broke the rules they would get warning points. So many points got you a day’s ban, then 3, then a week, then a month and then kicked off for good. Quite a few people were two points off a full ban.

And if the moderators so much as hinted that the gang were bullying folk, they would in turn accuse the mods of bullying, taking sides and then turn their venom on you.
    The vegan thread was the final straw if I remember correctly! Hypocrite queen didn’t enjoy her ban did she!

whatnobeer

Flexible approach to shift patterns including weekend and night shifts

Fully expected that to read flexible approach to morals and ethics :/

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

Hmmm looking at the contributors I’m guessing that DezB and sandwich are the anonymous mods on here.

Nice try but no, I’m not. Too far from anything resembling proper hills here to be even considered.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top