Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fort William World Cup.
  • hanchurch
    Free Member

I’m thinking of taking my 8 year old son to watch, has anyone been, how close can you get to the action, your experience would be great to hear especially if you have taken kids.
    Thanks.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I took my boy to the Meribel world cup in 2014 when he was 2 years old. Up close to the action from top to bottom and he loved it.

I’ve never been to Fort Bill so no knowledge of how close you can be to the action but the party atmosphere is super infectious at these things. I would say he couldn’t fail to have a great time.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Take the Gondola to the top then walk the track back down, you’re right next to the action all the way back to the arena. My 6 year old daughter LOVED it last year, although sunshine, blue skies and 25 degree temps helped a lot.

iainc

as above, Gondola up and wander back down. The weather will make or break it for kids I find. If it’s properly wet and muddy we tend to go up, spend some time above the tree line, then come back down on gondola to avoid the mudfest walk through the trees.

2016 was pretty decent 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gondola up and wander back down on the qualifying day, Don’t bother on the sunday, just walk up as far as you can be arsed (or the steep-muddy-in-the-trees-bit that you can’t see much from).

I prefered being close enough to the finish on finals day to hear the crowds reaction, then wander into arena for last 20 or so riders.

It’s ace, you’ll love it, as will the wee one.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Anyone else slightly disappointed that despite the massive popularity of the DH WC in FW, we haven’t seen a return of the XC WC?

daviek

Our Daughter was 8 last year when i took her for the Saturday. As mentioned above the gondola up and if they are keen walk back down, it’s a long way for wee legs.

You can get really close to the action and the riders just walk or cycle past when you’re down near the finish line or pits.

Last years weather was great and hoping its the same this year although I’d settle for no midges 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Anyone else slightly disappointed that despite the massive popularity of the DH WC in FW, we haven’t seen a return of the XC WC?

No really, nothing against it per se, but it doesn’t really make particularly interesting viewing, a bit like F1 tbh….

km79
    Free Member

It’s a great day out for all ages, the atmosphere is very friendly and a large amount of visitors are there for the day out and are not necessarily into DH racing. You can get as close to the action as you will ever need to on the hillside. Like others have recommended get the gondola up and take your time wandering back down.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Thanks guys, looks like I’d better book some tickets then!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fort William World Cup.’ is closed to new replies.