Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fort William World Cup
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

Has anyone been up for the World cup is it a good weekend,whats the facilities like for camping etc

will
    Free Member

Probably one of the coolest weekends i have had, racing is great fun. I stayed about 1 mile from the centre of racing. A farmer has a field where you set up your tent, and then they put on music/beer/food in their barn. Very good fun!

As for a proper campsite, i’d guess you would have to book.

Well worth a trip, i’ll be up this year 🙂

Eldrik
    Free Member

I’ve no idea on camping facilities as I stayed in Fort William proper, but I had a great time there at the 2005-2008 World Cups. Good atmosphere, plenty of spectators, and reasonable night life in Fort William in the evenings too.

I don’t know how much impact the loss of the XC races for 2009 will have though.

BoardinBob

Probably one of the coolest weekends i have had, racing is great fun. I stayed about 1 mile from the centre of racing. A farmer has a field where you set up your tent, and then they put on music/beer/food in their barn. Very good fun!

Any more info this farmer’s field setup/ contact details?

will
    Free Member

No sorry Bob, i travelled up on a last minute thing as we were on a Scotland Road trip, hadn’t booked anything, we were just going to sleep in the car, but found this. I’ll have a look on googlemaps for you.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Whats the dates for this year?

Went to the Worlds in 2007 and it was excellent.

will
    Free Member

6-7th of June

The big flashing banner at the top of this page gave it away to me 😉

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Whoops….adblock

I’ll be there this year with a tent in the Expo area. You’ll be able to buy my new, being printed right now guidebook and you can win a holiday in our prizedraw.

See you there,

Phil

http://www.scottishmountainbikeguides.com

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

always good fun.

no proper xc race this year. but they are running an xc sprint even. around 20-30 mins of racing. on a track under 1km. finishing on the fourcross…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fort William World Cup’ is closed to new replies.