Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fort William campsites
  • BoardinBob

Just booking my tickets for the DH world cup and I’m looking at campsites.

These were the three on the official website

Welcome !

Home

http://www.glen-nevis.co.uk/

Are they all pretty much the same or is there one that’s much better?

sofaking
    Free Member

linnhe loch side is about 4 miles from fort bill centre, very picturesque but if your in a tent and the midges are out be prepared. glen nevis is big, closer to town with good facilities, dont know about the other one

bengbong
    Free Member

Hi, The Glen nevis is prob best for camping and within 10 mins walk back into town, Loch linne mostly residential vans and a few tourers. Unsure about lochy.
    Good hostel http://www.inchreecentre.co.uk/ bar resturant etc very clean, about 7 miles outside fort bill but right next to bus stop into town.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    13thfloormonk

The Glen Nevis site is great, really good facilities, a shop that sells most stuff (including booze) and is open fairly late.

Lots of little trails to play about on nearby as well.

They’re quite strict about noise though, if you want to sit up late (after 11 i think) chatting and having a laugh you’d be best to wander down the river somewhere.

BoardinBob

Just phoned Glen Nevis. They’re not taking any more bookings for the weekend and the remaining pitches are on a first come first served basis 🙁

bengbong
    Free Member

They seem to do this, bit strange, I have turned up midweek and got a pitch no prob ater phonihn and being told the same but wouldn,t take the risk at weekend, especialy this weekend!!

BoardinBob

Aye that’s the worry. I thought I’d reserve a couple of rooms at the travel inn just in case but they want £156 for two nights 😯

trail_rat
    Free Member

try the fort william backpackers on alma road , top notch hostel

failing that Glen nevis is actually a really big site and ive never been turned away , including 2 times when i have had the same spiel about taking no more bookings etc….

How many of you are going ? we got a self catered flat last year for about 15 quid a night

BoardinBob

Just me and the wife. Do you have details of that flat?

trail_rat
    Free Member

http://www.fortwilliamholiday.co.uk/

thats what we had but worked out at 15 quid cause there was 6 beds and a couch …. probably not viable for 2 people

Try bank street lodge hostel as well

or if you dont mind being out of town try chase the wild goose hostel in banavie

footstomper
    Free Member

linnhe-lochside-holidays.co.uk/

I have camped on this site 3 times now and will probably be going there again later this year. The toilet blocks are spotless with loads of showers and even a bath for an extra pound the rest of the site is very clean.
    If you like fishing you are within 25mtrs of the loch shore, caught a couple of mackerel last time 😀 The mountain bike centre is about 10 mins in a car, the town centre about the same. There are plenty of buses run past the site if you fancy a few beers in town. Midges are a problem no matter where you go 👿

marty
    Free Member

we stayed at bun roy campsite at roy bridge last year. pretty quiet. walking distance to two pubs. 10 minute drive to the shuttle buses at spean bridge.

a11y

Glen Nevis is a nice site but we had major issues with t**ts and noise a few years ago on the World Cup weekend, plus the toilets were proper minging – vomit and sh*t on the floors/seats/cubicle walls. Never again on the World Cup weekend.

Much prefer Linnhe despite the worse (IMO) location of being out from Fort William itself.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Same story a few years back at Glen Nevis, I camped there for one of the world cups a couple of years ago. It just wasn’t really geared up to deal with rowdy bikers. A little old man with a torch was going about asking them to be quiet, he had no hope.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fort William campsites’ is closed to new replies.