Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • fort william?
  • germolene
    Free Member

has anyone been to this race. Do you have any idea of accommodation or what ticket is best for 2014. parking food etc

gordimhor

Lots of races at Fort William but if you mean the world cup book accomodation soon.

Northwind

I’ve never been to the world cup but I’ve been to fort william for busy events before and unless you really, really want to stay in the fort (and it is an armpit) then it makes sense to get out of town. People seem very shortsighted about location, Spean Bridge is closer to Nevis Range than Fort William is and usually books up much slower. And there’s a shuttle bus down to the race too (though I’d ride)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

thegreatape
    Free Member

^ not this year

wideboy
    Free Member

We did Ft Bill World Cup this year for the first time, and it was EPIC!

I’m sure it was nothing to do with the amazing weather (actually a little too sunny for my Scottish self), or the amazing results with Rachel finally nailing it, Manon in 2nd and Gee rocking the guys.

Only blemish was the fact they ran out of beer on Sunday!

Also have to mention the great atmosphere, every rider from every nation recceived huge support from the crowd, especially the folks lighting up the split times and those whose limped in with mechanicals/after crashes.

DO IT!!!

germolene
    Free Member

ok great apart from Spean Bridge does anyone have comments about accommo?

bren2709

Fort William ain’t that bad.
    Race weekend is awesome, chance to rub shoulders with the likes of Danny Mc and a Rob Warner to name a few!

germolene
    Free Member

its looking good. What about staying up the road (I don’t know where) and driving in for the race or busing it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘fort william?’ is closed to new replies.