Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fort Bill Holiday Time!
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Car loaded, bikes on, ready to go. Stopping to camp twice, tonight & Thursday, before Friday and the WC circus.

Any suggestions for campsites around Tyndrum? Ones with nearby trails would be excellent.

Also, who’s excited for bikes, people going?

scotroutes

Tyndrum?

sharkattack

Top of the downhill track yesterday;

lazybones
    Free Member

Go every year,but it was better when the xc was still there on the Saturday,still good day out though.

thegreatape
    Free Member

There’s wigwams at Tyndrum, or thereabouts. No snow at all at the top of the gondola right now, nowhere near…still, the way its been recently, anything could happen by the weekend

I’m going

Northwind

Strathfillan Wigwams, at tyndrum. Their camping field’s not the best tbh- they’ve put the wigwams in the best places. But it keeps the midges down a bit. Nice wee site, interesting to wander around, campfires allowed, wee shop on site.

Further south, there’s Beinglas Farm just behind the Drover’s Inn which is better on most things but worse on location and midges. They’re still not as bad as the leanachan flying sharks but they are bad. It’s a lovely location though right at the tip of the loch.

There’s a wee camping field at blackwater hostel, at kinlochleven- much closer to fort william (and it’s a great drive along the german road), right on top of brilliant riding up the ciaran path or the dudes of hazard enduro stages… Never actually stayed there though

All of those are on the Way but I don’t know about other riding for the first 2.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Not camping round there for the WC, just on the way up. Get to stay at mums there since it’s “home”.

Bit of a travel otherwise

elliott-20
    Free Member

Camping up at Linnhe. Weather was in our favour last year. This year is looking grim as you like. 🙁

richpips
    Free Member

Home

Camping bunkhouse and cabins.

Tidy place I’ve been a couple of times.

duncancallum

Vans packed off early tomorrow via ae Forrest

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fort Bill Holiday Time!’ is closed to new replies.