Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Forres/Inverness – what's to do?
  • meandyuk

Hello,

I’ve a bit of dilemma. I’m going up to Forres on Wednesday for work (staying in Inverness on that night) and I have the option of staying on for a day or two… or I could just come back the following morning. What’s to do up there? Is it worth staying on? Could I hire a bike and do some exploring?

Any advice from locals appreciated,

Cheers,
    Andy

dunsapie
    Free Member

How about white water rafting?
    Had a go with Ace Adventure up that way, they didn’t have room in the 2 rafts so my son and I went with them in a double inflatable canoe. went on a section of the river Findhorn, really good fun. It was October and it was snowing, similar to now!!

bri-72

There’s mountain biking in both inverness and Forres you could do. From doorstep. Few bike shops inverness might do hires, not sure about forres. If you’ve got transport plenty more options; Aviemore, strathpeffer, etc

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nick to aviemore – up the cairngorms go skiing or boarding !

Davesport

Trail centre action to be had at Learnie Red Rock, Moray Monster Trails, Balblair & an hours drive away is Golspie. The weather will play a big part in whatever you choose to do. Plenty of natural trail around Aviemore 😀

typsygypsy
    Free Member

Maclean’s Highland bakery in Forres well worth a visit 😉
    Best bakers in Scotland IMHO.
    Macbeth’s pies are not too shabby either.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Check out the Eco village hippy cafe in Findhorn. If you are into ecobuilding it’s got a bit of everything.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Forres/Inverness – what's to do?’ is closed to new replies.