Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Formulating a plan to get rid of Sky
  • chubstr
    Free Member

So here goes. I’m getting sick of paying nearly 60 quid for Sky with the Movies. So my plan is this:

Some way to access the apps, a PS4 if I can convince the wife.
    Now TV Entertainment pass
    Netflix or Amazon Prime

my belief is you get access to catch up stuff on Now TV so I could still access the box sets and Game of Thrones that way for the wife. Netflix gives me access to movies I wouldn’t normally watch, which is way better than the carousel of guff i’m paying for at the moment.

Suggestions?

Drac
    mattyfez

You can get Netflix on X box I’m pretty sure.. And you get a blue ray player and games machine thrown in if that’s useful.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chubstr
    Free Member

You can get Netflix on X box I’m pretty sure.. And you get a blue ray player and games machine thrown in if that’s useful.

That’s what i’m thinking to be honest, I use a PS3 at the moment for You Tube and did use it before for Netflix with no issues

StirlingCrispin

Get a Humax FreeSat box – just swap satellite cables from the Sky box and away you go. Gives you everything other than the Sky channels – HD, recording etc.
    My box does iplayer too.

For Youtube/ Netflix / iplayer you can use a Chromecast for the TV and cast from an app on your phone.

Do it!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I was just about to link to what drac has done. I now pay bugger all really.

tor5
    Free Member

Can you get BT sport through a humax freesat box?

seosamh77
    Free Member

kodi, black box.

stox
    Free Member

Ring sky cancellations. Tell them you want to leave and see what they offer you … I’d be very suprised if they don’t try to keep you for a little longer. I moved house and didn’t want to pay £40 a month so I rang them, I pay £18 now. When that deal ends in August I’ll be back on the phone.
    Worth a try unless you just want rid of sky completely

flashpaul
    Free Member

I pay £44 a month for phone/fibre/sports/movies/sky go extra

I would ring up and try and get a better deal

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’m thinking the same. Looking at using Apple TV & then the apps through that. Sky Sport, Movies, Ents are all available though I’m not totally sure of cost & whether 1080hd is available this way..?

Hadge
    Free Member

Some time ago I was paying £74 for the complete package, Sports, Movies, HD and I thought enough is enough and told them I wanted leave and I was offered all what I had, plus a new 1Tb HD box for £47. Ask. You never know until you try. Oh and I’m not tied in on that deal either.

nickgti
    Free Member

I just have a Now TV box it’s month by month subscription get all the channels you actually watch for £5.99 a month. Then I just stream movies from my ipad

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve nearly done the same myself a few times, but in reality I’ll always need an Internet connection at home, which means I need a phone line and once you’ve got that you’re at £25 a month, then I’d have to buy a DVR because Sky+ doesn’t work without a subscription and it doesn’t look like much of a saving and I like game of thrones and walking dead to much for the sake a couple of quid a month.

spooky_b329

Had a look at BT Youview? Not as slick as Sky but it does the job, including Netflix and all the on demand stuff, DVR etc.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Ring up, I now pay £54 a month for sky family pack, phone with free anytime calls to uk and mobile numbers and broadband, £30 off a month for a 5 min phone call.

loddrik
    Free Member

Minix box here with XBMC. Everything I could ever want for free.

GregMay
    Free Member

Why not just have no TV.

Three years on and I don’t miss it at all.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Formulating a plan to get rid of Sky’ is closed to new replies.