Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Formula the one problems
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

I’ve bled my brakes 3 times now and they just don’t seem right, there’s no modulation at all. I’ve ordered new hoses but I was wondering if any of u have had the same problem?

messiah
    Free Member

My Formula the one’s have been the easiest brakes I’ve ever had the pleasure of bleeding. I followed the instructions I got with the bleed kit from epic solutions ( Linky ).

I hope your new hoses help… that is an expensive solution 😐

Gotama
    Free Member

Nope, easy to bleed as above. There’s an instructional vid or something on pinkbike which is prob better than the naff formula instructions, should come up if you google. Mine are 2010 for what its worth.

sbob
    Free Member

I would not have thought that you would lose modulation by having air in the lines.
    Are the brakes new?
    Different pads?
    How long have you had them?

flyingmonkeycorps

The old ones (MY09 I think) had some fairly major issues. If that’s what you have then you might be in trouble. The newer ones (MY10> I think) should be fairly straightforward as above…

Northwind

Could you give a wee bit more info on your issue?

cubemeup
    Free Member

Ok guys they r 2011 the ones. I have had them bled now twice with new pads in both f and r. Over the last few months I have felt the change in feel hence me bleeding them but the feel to the brakes now r totally different. I only have to touch my brakes and they just lock up. Would you say just keep bleeding them?

boxxer7
    Free Member

Sounds like a piston could be sticking

cubemeup
    Free Member

Fixed the pistons once

lloydy2
    Free Member

Do you ride a lot of xc? Or are you a down hill boy? Brakes are for girls, lol chris, how’s it going butt ; )

cubemeup
    Free Member

Lloydy u **** how’s it going, to ur answer I ride neither just like bits!!

Found the problem it was the master cylinder

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Formula the one problems’ is closed to new replies.