Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Formula rx brakes need bleeding everytime !
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

My lads formula rx’s need bleeding everytime we go out on it !,it’s the rear only as soon as I’ve bled them it’s fine ,& air does come out you can see it up the tube !,but leave it a week & lever comes back to the bar again.

I’m using syringes pushing fluid from the master cylinder to the caliper,I fill the syringe & it’s usually needs two syringes to get a lever !

There dosn’t appear to be any fluid loss,or evidence of leaks !,what’s up with it ?,or am I doin summert wrong ??.

soulboy
    Free Member

Northwind

Hang on… are you just bleeding from the bottom? That’s not how it’s done with Formula, really got to follow the process or it won’t work.

reedspeed
    Free Member

No,I go from master cylinder to the caliper!, what’s the technique then ?,talk to mi!. Please…

onandon
    Free Member

Guides on YouTube. Search them for full info.

Northwind

Oh ya, sorry, reading and advice failures there from me. You need Big Dave the Giver and his mates

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bleeding-brakes-how-to-an-idiots-guide?replies=43

nwgiles

Have you lost the little o ring seals? Mine have been bled once in 2 years

khani
    Free Member

Edit…kinky no worky…
    Soz….

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I have Rx brakes, don’t have the issue around bleeding them but do find I get brake ‘judder’ under heavy braking. It’s almost like abs. Would that be the pads being awful?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Formula rx brakes need bleeding everytime !’ is closed to new replies.