• This topic has 26 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Formula rotor prices!!!!!!!!
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

in my LBS they are selling formula rotors but for £68.99 not even a floating rotor. can this be right??
    if so are silverfish going to drop the price!?!?!

batman11
    Free Member

No way they are around £25/30 quid each as far as im a where don’t know about the floating ones but wavy ones if you are having trouble getting a stanndard one let me know ok PM in profile and i will check my lbs and get it posted up to you.

Bats.

andrewh
    Free Member

Each or pair?

cubemeup
    Free Member

each, he said thats what the RRP is, i did ask if it might have been a miss print

cubemeup
    Free Member

£42,99 on CRC

igm

Not just Formula. Avid are entertaining at RRP too

TheSwede
    Free Member

as far as im a where

Not the spelling police with my broken English but that made me chuckle.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I need some rotors for a pair of Formula’s. There are cheaper non F rotors around…

Northwind

What I did, was to buy a set of Oros off the formula online shop for £140, then kept the rotors, mounts and hose joining kits, and sold the brakes alone for £135.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Bear (bare) in mind that Formula rotors also come with the mounting brackets for the calpiers as well as the rotors. Other manufacturers sell their brakes with these. Formula split their brakes completely so you only ever buy rotor and bracket separately to the brake.
    They are still expensive though.

dans160
    Free Member

Top end components are almost at the point of taking the piss when it comes to their cost. Many already are.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Got some oro rotors to sell. 180mm and 160mm with bolts, not really sure how much they are worth.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’ve used XT rotors with Formula’s before now. They cost a tenner

chakaping
    Free Member

Avid, superstar/discobrakes, Shimano all work fine with formula (if right size).

takisawa2

I bought new vented discs & pads for our Mondeo for half that.
    Staggering.

cubemeup
    Free Member

will the floating hope rotors fit with the RX brake?

jonb
    Free Member

superstarcomponents…

Bimbler
    Free Member

Wow that’s some inflation, I bought a 180mm Formula rotor and mounting kit a couple of years ago for £25 or something like that

bonesetter
    Free Member

As good as Formula are in the field so to speak, their prices are too high, and the worst of it is spares are difficult to source, and also very expensive

oldfart

I’ve got RXs .The rotors are shite , more holes than material .I couldn’t get Formula (didn’t want them tbh ) replaced them with Avid rotors when they wore scarily thin, which fitted and worked fine .Upshot is when i complained about the poor quality originals to the importers at the time (not Silverfish ) they said as i hadn’t used Formula pads i had invalidated the warranty !!!!!Serves me right for being honest i suppose .
    I explained that i couldn’t get genuine Formula pads in any shop in Whistler but that didn’t wash .This despite talking to the Formula guy at Crankworx and blagging some free pads !He said Formula were more interested in the performance than where the pads came from ???Thing is even now back home trying to get genuine pads is a nightmare .Decided to try Superstar as i’ve invalidated my warranty !

cubemeup
    Free Member

paying £18.99 for the RX pads is a joke IMO as with all the other branded pads. when you can buy superstar which are very good now for £20 for 4 packs, no brainer to be TBH.
    as for the rotors my LBS only had the rotors and bolts for £68.99 where u must be a mug to buy that

ojom
    Free Member

There was a lot of swearing and general WTF noises when we got some Avid rotors in the other week. We very nearly called Fishers to question why the invoice didnt make sense.

£62 for 1 rotor… scary.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve found the fomula rotors really good, and they look best of all the brands IMO – but I wouldn’t pay £30 (used to be RRP, let alone that)

If the official replacement pads are the same as the stock ones then they’ll only last a few rides anyway, never seen pads wear as quick as them.

andrewh
    Free Member

Got a set of R1s and they’ve been excellent. Only probs have been the floating rotors floating a bit too freely.
    Using EBC redstuff pads and they are very good too.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Which floaters?

FOG

To be honest I don’t think it makes much difference what disc you use as long as it is the right size, I have got shimano on the front and hope on the back with Formula calipers whilst the original Formula discs are currently being gripped by SLX calipers on a different bike. As for including caliper brackets in the price you should be able to get disc and caliper adapter for about £15 from the various cheapo outlets already mentioned.

DezB
    Free Member

Avid are entertaining at RRP too

Bleed kit:

CRC Sale £31.96
    RRP £48.99 (Save 35%)
    😯

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Formula rotor prices!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.