Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Formula R1/RX/The One/R0
  • bwaarp
    Free Member

How close to the bars can the reach and bite point be brought in on these brakes for girls hands (I’ve heard criticisms that they are not that great for small hands). I’ve only had experience with older Formula brakes but not these.

Some advice from people who have the brakes would be very much appreciated! 🙂

Reluctant
    Free Member

RX lever assembly by Pumpkin’s Belly, on Flickr

That’s how I have my RX set – I’ve not got the biggest hands in the world (small gloves in most brands). They’re not anywhere near the end of adjustment, so will go a fair bit closer to the bar. I’ve had these for a couple of years and been very happy with them.

chakaping
    Free Member

I just fitted some new 2010 Megas to my bike, same shape as the brakes you ask about I think.

The levers do wind in enough for my stubby fingers, but I’m not sure they’re biting early enough in the stroke. Exercise caution and try before you buy, I reckon.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve got small hands and have no problems at all with my RX.

They have a small amount of freeplay before biting which is how I like them. Find it helps with modulation – less on/off.

maxtorque

The R1’s on my bike, with their adjustable reach, get the “crook” of the lever to 26mm away from the grips (when brakes not actuated) when wound to the “closest” position.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Brilliant, that’s amazing guys!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve got RXs and the levers come in to an almost perfect place before the reach adjuster bottoms out. I want them just the tiniest bit further in tbh. BTW, I wear medium gloves but have stubby finger and like having the levers quite close in when I’ve got my finger over the lever. Having jsut a tiny bit of free play before biting suits me perfectly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Formula R1/RX/The One/R0’ is closed to new replies.