Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • for.mula R1 upgrade Q
  • turneround

looking at changing the hoses on my R1's anyone know what makes are availbale for this as toby at the propel (Formula importers) says the HEL hoses they also import haven't started making hoses for the R1's yet

neninja
    Free Member
    andrewh
    Free Member

Goodridge don't unfortunately.

However, I would recomend EBC Red Stuff pads, have them in mine and they are fantastic.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    vikingboy
    Free Member

dont the goodridge "one" hoses work – they look identical I recall from memory……the fact the HEL kit is for all three formula brakes would seem to in indicate there a good chance they work work?

andrewh
    Free Member

Maybe, it's a year since I looked. It was the threads at the lever ends that were the trouble. Maybe they've made some that fit now, R1s were so new when I got mine I had to import them from France.

vikingboy
    Free Member

so what I do know for a fact is that when I bought my 2010 ones, I took the hoses off and put them on my 2009 Ones which I then sold. The goodridge hoses from the 09 ones fitted the 2010 ones without issue.
    If R1 and 2010 Ones are identical then perhaps it might work….Id pull one of my hoses but the bikes are packed for me relocation to germany tomorrow so it will be a few days before I get chance to faff with bikes.

turneround

cheers vikingboy…would appreciate that… i have shortened the hoses using the 'ONE' connectors so i think its the same. Mine are last 09 R1's – I'll try to find out if anything has changed between the models

nickegg
    Free Member

Can anyone give me a long-term review of these?

My Zesty 514 has R1 levers/RX calipers and i've only done 3 rides so it's early days so far. The last ride was a very wet July trail at Afan and the noise they made was horrendous!

Running the standard organic pads at the moment…..any recommendation pad wise?

Any tips/advice much appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘for.mula R1 upgrade Q’ is closed to new replies.