Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Formula – Poor Service
  • gdr_matt
    Free Member

The level of Formula spares is appalling. I had to wait 4 months for replacement piston cylinders and 5 months later there are still no bleed kits in the UK!

The brakes are great. THE BACK UP WORSE THAN USELESS!!

househusband
    Free Member

Don’t AVID bleed kits fit Formula?

RicB

Spares availability from Formula this year is awful. I’m still waiting for my piston/seal kit and it’s probably 3 months now.

Propel is run by a guy called Toby, who is really helpful. I think it’s just him though and they’re very busy.

FuzzyWuzzy

Got my Formula bleed kit from CRC a couple of weeks back, showing OOS until 22nd now but where the hell you get 5 months from I don’t know. That said they don’t seem to have the backup that most of the other big name brakes do which is a pity.

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

Toby is a great guy but likewise, i waited 5 months for an Oro Bianco lever clamp after it broke in a crash. Hardly ideal as it meant i used another brands brakes whilst the Oro’s were out of action & then sold the Oro’s & kept the others.

Propel are a small distributor as are we & sometimes the issue is supply of spares from the manufacturer. Downside is, if he cant get the bits from Formula there is nothing he can do so try not to have a go at him.

Try emailing Formula directly.

J

MRanger156
    Free Member

Stif have the bleed kit on their website.

Bimbler
    Free Member

As stated above I believe Avid bleed kits fit Formula brakes as Formula designed the Juicies.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I believe Avid bleed kits fit Formula brakes

Whereas I *know* they fit… 😉

Bimbler
    Free Member

Incidentally – in new ish Sim(?) replaced some Oros on his new long termer because they weren’t powerful enough – blimey.

rhid

If you want the use of a forumla Oro bleed kit drop me and email (rhid14@hotmail.com) and you can borrow mine.
    I have had a fair few problem with my k24s stuff like getting hold of spares and the brakes not behaving. After a lbs service (when they were 10months old) they seem to be better.
    I can understand why someone would want something more powerful. They don’t seem to have the stopping power of some brakes I have tried, they do however have a lot of modulation!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I suspect the shortage of bleed kits may be down to Avid Juicy owners taking advantage of the fact that Formula kits fit both. They cost a lot less than the avid kit. Maybe Formula didnt expect to sell so many. They also only seem to have come to the fore in the last 18-24mths so maybe its a growing market they hadnt realised would tske off

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Formula – Poor Service’ is closed to new replies.