Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Formula Oro's – anyone done this (amazingly stupid!) thing before? Help please!
  • psychle
    Free Member

Setting up my brakes today, removed the little screw from the reservoir/lever body along with the grub screw from the calliper… finished the bleed and went to replace the crew in the lever body, but STUPIDLY picked up the littler grub screw (from the calliper) and started to screw this into the lever body… and the result? I popped it straight through the hole and into the fluid reservoir! and I can't get it out!!

WTF can I do to fix this?? 🙁

meeeee
    Free Member

not done that but can you remove the hose and get it out that way, or you might have to remove the lever assembly. I know this all comes off as i had to have the lever piston seals replaced on mine at the LBS

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Shake like mad, magnet, poking around with a bit of wire?

Or more realistically take the lever and piston off.

psychle
    Free Member

tried all that… delved around in there with a magnetic screwdriver, no joy… I suspect in doing this (the delving bit) I may have pierced a sell or something in the reservoir (is there one?)

Or more realistically take the lever and piston off.

Haven't done that yet… is it hard to do?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Not tried on Oros, it was very easy on old minis.

Plenty of exploded diagrams on formula usa and formula italy sites.

CRC and ukbikestore usually have some parts for oros if you have damaged any seals. Hopefully your wire poking hasn't scratched the piston bore.

BruceK
    Free Member

Yes, did exactly the same thing!…and sorry to say its still in there a year later! I had completely forgot about it in actual fact. I should attempt to get out, as it probably slightly unsafe…..but no trouble so far.

psychle
    Free Member

Yes, did exactly the same thing!…and sorry to say its still in there a year later! I had completely forgot about it in actual fact. I should attempt to get out, as it probably slightly unsafe…..but no trouble so far.

Phew… here I was thinking I may be the only one silly enough to do it!!

Was thinking about just leaving it in there, but surely it could block the hose or something?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Formula Oro's – anyone done this (amazingly stupid!) thing before? Help please!’ is closed to new replies.