Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Formula Oro sticky lever
  • Parvis
    Free Member

Anyone good with brakes?

My rear brake lever (Formula Oro K18) sticks on after braking. It's rideable but very annoying, every time I use my rear brake, I have to flick the lever forwards again, it only returns halfway on its own.

They are well bled and there is no obvious damage internally or externally to the lever and piston.

Anyone know how to fix this?

jemima
    Free Member

I find that they tend to get a bit sticky with time due to the bushing in the lever getting 'dry' and corroding slightly. Disassemble the lever and polish the brass coloured bush with a bit of wire wool. Reassemble with a touch of grease and you should be sorted.

SidKillerest
    Free Member

There was a problem with some K18's sticking.. i chatted to a chap from propel distribution about it and he was aware of the problem and said it could be done on warranty (mine out of date). Give them a call.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Post removed by me for "anti-propel" rant content.

Wally

Call me a heathen, but I added a tiny amount of light oil to the lever pivot and it solved my slow return.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I had a set that had the same problem. Spoke to Propel who said it was a known problem & would be sorted under warranty, so sent the brakes off
    6 MONTHS LATER & a hell of a lot of chasing & they finally arrived back fixed!!
    This was a while ago though, so things may have speeded up since

Parvis
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately these are almost certainty out of their warranty period. When I took the lever apart it did seem like a bit of a stupid design, with a push fit linkage in the cylinder.

fivespot
    Free Member

I had an old secondhand set that did this. The piston inside the lever on some old units is made of some type of plastic, which in time swells and gets tight. A replacement piston kit with the later metal piston, sorted the problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Formula Oro sticky lever’ is closed to new replies.