Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Formula ORO original brake pads… -any better pads ?
  • jeb

Hello

I have the formula oro 18 brakes, nice modulation, but they dont drop the anchor ! -i cant pull a front wheelie…. they got the stock pads, i wondered if i could some more agressive pads.. ?
    I am about to make some buys from CRC, is CLARKS organic pads harder braking ?
    Could also be that they need a bleed job, but i sux at that !, and they "feel" fine, just no crazy stopping power…

Regards Jesper

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

You should easily be able to do stoppies with those.

Not the easiest brake to bleed properly. Perhaps you have contaminated pads. The lever feel goes a bit weird when the pads are about 75% worn.

khani
    Free Member

got ebc sinterd in my biancos, work a treat

Vortexracing

the one that Merlin sell, goodridge i think, make sure you get the sintered ones. I swear by them, last for ages.

crispybacon
    Free Member

The original pads I got with my K24's didn't last very long & @ £16 for replacements I went to Superstar & got 4 x sets for £18 organic or £23 sintered.

Before the SSC haters come along I like them & I've not had any issues with the pads I've bought 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

i cant pull a front wheelie

an endo…

my mate has a set of k24's and has the same problem. they're ok when there is a lot of heat in them, but riding around here doesn't really give you the time to build up enough hear.

i was wondering if they need a bleed or if new pads might help. (i believe) he's currently got organic in there. they were glazed over but have rubbed them on some sandpaper to roughen them up.

maybe he should have bought XT at the time for less money….

discapade
    Free Member

Hi mate you want the goodridge pads. I have these on my white k24 (which are for sale) and they are defo the best. You get alot more pad thickness so the lever throw is shorter. I have a set of new ones for £20 posted

Vortexracing

sorry the pads from merlin are EBC.

very good IMHO

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Formula ORO original brake pads… -any better pads ?’ is closed to new replies.