Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Formula Oro K24 new pads calliper grips disc
  • purplechair
    Free Member

Just fitted new pads to above, eased old pads apart before replacing, inserted new pads but now the brakes continually contact the discs

Seems need to somehow back off the pistons

I’ve used the adjusted the ‘FCS’ toggle on the lever but to no avail

Any ideas please

Thanks

neilthewheel

force the pads apart, open the bleed port on the caliper so a little fluid runs out. Close the port, release the pressure on the pads. See if that helps.

purplechair
    Free Member

Thanks I’ll give it a whirl

porter_jamie

i had this too, but even with the pistons flush with the body it still grabbed so i linished some pad material off

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

As Neil said. It sounds like you need to let out a little fluid. But always expel fluid from the lever bleed port as opposed to the calliper. This will ensure no air is introduced into the brake system.

Carry out a full bleed of the brake system afterwards also. As the fluid will no doubt be old. Unless you’ve done it recently.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Also if you haven’t already. Loosen the two calliper fixing bolts and adjust the position of the calliper/pads so that there is not contact with the rotor then re tighten.

jsync

This may help too as the brake have a very tight clearance:

Thingy

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

What the hell is that thing jsync? 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Formula Oro K24 new pads calliper grips disc’ is closed to new replies.