Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • formula oro k24 bleed issues
  • luigi_t8
    Free Member

i’ve just bled my brakes and now the grub screw won’t seal the caliper bleed port. I wondered it the port had got dirt in it but i cleaned it all and tried again to no avail. I suspect that the bleed syringe has somehow damaged the thread of the bleed port so it can no longer seal. any suggestions or help on this or sismilar problems. I think the only resolution is to replace the caliper bleed port bolt and replace the bleed kit.

coatesy
    Free Member

There should be a tiny O-ring for the grub screw to seat against, it wouldn’t be the first time for one to get lost(i’ve even sucked one into the syringe), cost about a quid each to replace.
    Edit- was at the lever end, not sure it’s the same at the caliper.

jsync

same at caliper end

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I use the plastic seal from a schrader inner valve, you need to cut it the valve bit in half carefully to get the plastic washer off,theres millions of em lying around your local tyre fitters.. 😉

Northwind

If you want to bodge it, a wee bit of teflon tape round the thread will do the job. But as ever, better to do it right- ie, find the o-ring or replace it.

luigi_t8
    Free Member

ok thanks, it would appear that that would indeed be the issue. i will have a look in the bleed port hole and around the garage floor for the o-ring tomorrow. failing that does anyone know where i can get a spare from? is this the correct one or is it for the lever bleed screw? : http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/products/bleed-kits/formula/formula-o-rings/

thanks, LT

coatesy
    Free Member

Got a bag of the little beggars at Sunset, e-mail me your adress and i’ll send you one later.Pop a quid in your favourite charity’s box to cover it 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘formula oro k24 bleed issues’ is closed to new replies.