Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Formula Oro Bleed Instructions
  • AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Does anyone have the bleed procedure for Formula Oro brakes they can email me, or link to?

The formula site has a link but as far as I can see it’s not the same as I have seen before, no bleed instructions there?

Also I believe they say DOT4 but I am sure Toby at Propel told me 5.1 was also ok, can anyone confirm or deny?

Cheers.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Or is it the same as the R1, Mega, The One etc?

They have that procedure…?

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Its always when you ask that you then find it, the US Formula site has a good set of instructions, still interested in DOT 4 versus DOT 5.1?

Northwind

Doesn’t matter, dot 4 is up to the task, dot 5.1 is more expensive but not so much that it’ll ruin your day so buy the one you like the colour of.

mrplow
    Free Member

Be careful not to lose the smallest oring I have ever seen when you undo the bleed screw or they will leak.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Thanks Northwind…

And yes, Mr Plow, I made that mistake the first time, the o-ring came out (i didn’t see it) and wondered why the thing leaked until I saw it on the floor, and yes it is very very very small!!

Cheers guys.

alexpalacefan

Mr Nutt is your friend here. Follow this guide and all will be well.

+1 to the above, that O ring is tiny! and I’d want a mate to help too, there always seems to be a third hand needed.

I’d deffo go for DOT 4, it’s less hygroscopic so takes on less water and is more stable. 5 is better at V high temperatures, Alps descent sort of thing, I never bother for UK riding.

APF

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Formula Oro Bleed Instructions’ is closed to new replies.