Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • formula megas or deores?
  • vondally
    Free Member

looking for a cheap set of brakes, which are more reliable? Have modulation? reliable?

Either of the above?

rj
    Free Member

Buy the Deores and I’ll swap you for my Megas. They’re great when they work, but mine have intermittently sticky pistons, rub more than half the time and the one time I tried to bleed them had me seriously considering suicide.

And it’s 25 quid for the wee screw that holds the pads in.

winrya
    Free Member

Shimano, I had the nightmare of living with formula the one brakeset for a couple of months. As above but also they’d make different noises on each ride. If it was wet I’d be afraid to use them

cheers_drive

Swapped from megas to deores for much the same reason as rj

devash
    Free Member

Swapped from Avid’s to Deores. Will never look back. So easy to set up, so much power.

The girlfriend has low-rent Shimano disc brakes on her hardtail (think they are Alivio or Acera) and even those are pretty awesome.

badbob
    Free Member

on my scott aspect ( 2008) brakes were no name shimano hydraulics, still works well ( loose levers….) after almost 5 years of use, only change for shimano “shiny” XTs 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

Cheers so shimano it is

freeagent
    Free Member

Had Formula OROs, they were awesome when they worked (like, stop a freight train awesome) however they rubbed constantly, and suffered from sticky pistons etc.
    Swapped them for new Deores a few months back, performance is just as good, and they don’t rub.

Buy the Deores.

darrenspink
    Free Member

M615s on sale at planet x at the moment or crc. Damn good brakes. Theres a crc code for 12 off 60 on here somewhere.

philjunior
    Free Member

Bog standard Shimano brakes on all my MTBs.

They’re good, and very cheap.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘formula megas or deores?’ is closed to new replies.